MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bolts were long enough, and my roller axle is shimmed. However, my muffler is not modded.

I put the dual spikes on mine this morning. A lot of people don't like them on smaller saws, but I do quite a bit of firewood falling and bucking with a 50cc and I love the dual spikes.

Has one figured out a good way to open up the existing exhaust outlet on these, and leave the spark screen in place? Not many options with the design...

Look up brads muffler mod on a 261..the " shark gills " look cool and work well !

Look up brads muffler mod on a 261..the " shark gills " look cool and work well !

Loovers (or however you spell it) are tough to do and look good. I end up saying consecutive dirty words when I've tried to do them. But he does really nice ones

Loovers (or however you spell it) are tough to do and look good. I end up saying consecutive dirty words when I've tried to do them. But he does really nice ones

I agree Brad does those nicely. Mine look like hammered crap lol. I really want to keep a screen in place just mainly to keep junk out, rather than sparks in.

I agree Brad does those nicely. Mine look like hammered crap lol. I really want to keep a screen in place just mainly to keep junk out, rather than sparks in.
usaja2uq.jpg

That's how I do mine. You can put a screen under the deflector. I got some really nice ones from treemonkey. I just used a hammer and vise to make ones similar to it. I like putting the lip on the deflector to avoid anything poking into the hole.

I like the double dawgs and bare tsumara bar, but I don't really get into the non-safety 3/8.
Non safety 3/8s?!?!?
Ah hell I guess someone needs to buy safety chain!

My bolts was long enough to use, but probably a bit shorter than they should have been. I used Red locktite and put it together.

The Husky deflector for the 288 also works very well. I didn't trust myself to do the "shark gills" without some practice. Also, you can use a screen when using the scoop. The difference in my saw, with only that mod & no enlargement in the original muff port, was dramatic. The H needle was made unlimited before the MM.
FWIW Moody, it's spelled louvers. You were close.

The Husky deflector for the 288 also works very well. I didn't trust myself to do the "shark gills" without some practice. Also, you can use a screen when using the scoop. The difference in my saw, with only that mod & no enlargement in the original muff port, was dramatic. The H needle was made unlimited before the MM.

Thanks for the correction! Learn something new everyday. 288 deflectors are NA around here. The second best to making your own is 394/395 deflector

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've done a lot of those 288 style deflector mods, but im not sure I want to go that route on this saw. I want to find a way to mod the factory outlet and still keep a screen. I got an idea im gonna try:).

Unlimiting the H needle was the first mod I done. Against the stop it was turning about 14500.

My bolts were long enough, and my roller axle is shimmed. However, my muffler is not modded.
I will have to shim mine. My bolts were just a hair too short. On one I tried to get a little more turn on the nut and stripped it so I need to get a couple more just a hair longer than what came with it.

I put the dual spikes on mine this morning. A lot of people don't like them on smaller saws, but I do quite a bit of firewood falling and bucking with a 50cc and I love the dual spikes.

Has one figured out a good way to open up the existing exhaust outlet on these, and leave the spark screen in place? Not many options with the design...

What Length Bar is that, Brand X?

That Set Up looks cool as ****

I done some grinding on my muffler today. I opened up the factory outlet, all but a bit in the back to hold the screen under. Ground out the original spark screen track, and all the pipe I could get out. At least you can now see the exhaust port from the outlet :). I found a old used piece of spark screen I cut to size, and used the factory bolt to hold it down. She sounds much better and it gained about 600 rpm, had to fatten it back up. Quite a bit louder, but not too loud IMO. No cuts today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back