MS361, 16" bar, 325 NK chain, 9 pin rim.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually prefere the 361 for limbing the lower parts of my mature birches, and use a 15" bar, 3/8x8, and RSC. The "limbs" can be pretty large, and I mostly buck to transport length in the same operation. I prefere the 15" to the 18", even though it means that some "over-bucking" is needed.

For smaller trees, I use a smaller saw......
Me too I like the 15'' on my modded 2159 because I don't have too many worries about hitting the ground or logs in a pile wile bucking up a hole bunch of em.Most of the trees I cut are 12'' 30cm But I do like a long bar on my 041 No Bending I just walk beside the tree and cut of the limbs. I like to play with all my saw's so give them all some run time, use one for limbing one for bucking and one for big trees.This is a really bad habit!

Me too I like the 15'' on my modded 2159 because I don't have too many worries about hitting the ground or logs in a pile wile bucking up a hole bunch of em.Most of the trees I cut are 12'' 30cm But I do like a long bar on my 041 No Bending I just walk beside the tree and cut of the limbs. I like to play with all my saw's so give them all some run time, use one for limbing one for bucking and one for big trees.This is a really bad habit!

Better control is one of the reasons I prefere the 15" to the 18" as well - it probably will be replaced with a 16" when worn out though (but those Stihl bars doesn't wear very fast).

Last edited:
Back