MS361 Acrtic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camoman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
MS361 Acrtic Hand Warmers

Had my Stihl 361 Arctic out for the first time n cold wheather (-20celcius) cut about 2 cords and the saw preformed great! the recoil froze up on my once after I put the saw down for a while but that gave me a reason for a coffee break while it warmed up in the truck.

My questions is in regards to the hand warmers.. Should I notice the warmers getting hot at all? How long do they typically take to heat up? When I took my gloves off I couldn't really feel any difference or a "warm bar".

Here's a couple pics of yesterdays cut.. I love my saw!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
In that first pic it looks like the trailer is going to need a good tug to get it out of that depression...you have any trouble getting your load moving on the snow? Just curious!

In that first pic it looks like the trailer is going to need a good tug to get it out of that depression...you have any trouble getting your load moving on the snow? Just curious!

Nope I run Nokian studded Hakkapeliitta Lt's on all 4 corners in winter. http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11879&group=2.01&name=Nokian+Hakkapeliitta+LT

They don't look as nice as my BFG M/T's but they are the most amazing winter tire I have ever run. Pulled that load through the bush/snow, maneuvered around corners and trees and didn't even spin a tire. Figured I had 2.5 cords on there using the cord calc.. so about 6930 or so lbs of seasoned pine.

No one has a Stihl 361 Arctic with heated grip?

Tell you the truth I was wondering how this thing could put out enough power to warm the grips but they assured me it would work.
Or maybe I am not letting it run long enough? Run time is ussually for 20-45 minutes at a time.

Last edited:
I remember someone posting here recently that it was very noticeable. I think it was in the winter glove thread.

This may be a silly question... if so, disregard. I think there's a separate switch for turning it on and off... did you turn it on?

Ian

Thanks for the reply's guys!

I will try it out once more if I don't notice it getting warm I will bring it in as it's still under warranty.

Thanks again!

If that diesel is still running....it isn't cold enough to need heated grips. :spam:

Awesome looking tires! What kind of life do you get out of them? I suspect gravel roads would play heck with the tire life.

If that diesel is still running....it isn't cold enough to need heated grips. :spam:

Awesome looking tires! What kind of life do you get out of them? I suspect gravel roads would play heck with the tire life.

Interesting enough that diesel starts at -33 Celsius without being plugged in. They have come a long way!

This is my second season on the tires and they look like new, however I don't put a ton of miles on in winter maybe 15,000km?

I think it was -20 celcius out that day, my hands were frozen to start but them warmed up as I started working.. would have been nice to have the warmers working too!

Last edited:
Interesting enough that diesel starts at -33 Celsius without being plugged in. They have come a long way!

This is my second season on the tires and they look like new, however I don't put a ton of miles on in winter maybe 15,000km?

I think it was -20 celcius out that day, my hands were frozen to start but them warmed up as I started working.. would have been nice to have the warmers working too!

Wow...that is impressive!

My hands will typically get cold like yours and then warm up...unless I'm riding sled...but since I brought that up...like handwarmers on a sled, won't those grip heaters just hasten your gloves getting wet?

Just wondering....just can't imagine a saw with heated grips!

Latest posts

Back