MS440s in Stock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s good to see the 440’s back but at that price they’re never gonna move them. Considering the fact you may or not get a Mahle cylinder at there dispicably outrageous price, I say let ‘em fade back in the sunset.

So'I'm going to show my ignorance here (again!),you all keep taling as though Mahle isn making the jugs for Stihl now. So where/who are they coming from ??

Steve

Need to see more prices.....I got to figure they are going to have at least $50 separation between the 440 and 460 when dealers have a full pipeline of saws to pull from inventory wise. From a marketing standpoint I would envision pricing somewhere in between the 441 and 460.....maybe closer to the 441. That would make sense to me.

I made a quick trip to my Stihl dealer to pick up some clutch springs for my MS660 and they are going to cost over $1,000.00! Yep the new German made MS440s are in stock and sitting on the shelf. The wrap versions were not shown as available yet so I have a little time to save up the money, $979.00 for a 28" wrap model, $30.00 less for a flush cutter.

I also picked some cool Stihl water bottles!

I don't care what kind of material those springs are made out of....they would sit for a long time at that price!!

How much were the water bottles? $275/ea:msp_w00t:

Scott B

Seriously.....I was thinking about a 441. Might have to put that on hold for awhile at that kind of price. Maybe I can hold out long enough to get one used(lightly used...)?

Seems everything is going up in price.....except for my paycheck!

Scott B

It’s good to see the 440’s back but at that price they’re never gonna move them. Considering the fact you may or not get a Mahle cylinder at there dispicably outrageous price, I say let ‘em fade back in the sunset.

I don't disagree with everyone's feelings on the current prices on pro saws, but I just stopped by the shop this morning and they told me they'd already received 18 pre-orders for new 440s and every customer paid up front.

I don't disagree with everyone's feelings on the current prices on pro saws, but I just stopped by the shop this morning and they told me they'd already received 18 pre-orders for new 440s and every customer paid up front.

Naturally, Stihl does their homework on what the market will support before they introduce a new saw/pricing. After 100 years of success, is it any wonder they know what they're doing more than the folks on here?

Naturally, Stihl does their homework on what the market will support before they introduce a new saw/pricing. After 100 years of success, is it any wonder they know what they're doing more than the folks on here?

There's a lot of highly educated people working for Stihl, on both sides of the pond. I would say they know what they're doing. Our sales rep (Stihl Northwest)- Wayne Sutton, is probably the best in the industry. He provides reports for HQ on product ideas and potential sales figures. He knows what will sell and what won't.

A lot of loggers and timber fallers here are lining up to buy new 440s and they'll pay whatever it costs.

Im sorry to veer off track here fellas but I was just wandering what the major differences were between a 440 and an 044? I would imagine the same would apply to 660/066 as well......

There's a lot of highly educated people working for Stihl, on both sides of the pond. I would say they know what they're doing. Our sales rep (Stihl Northwest)- Wayne Sutton, is probably the best in the industry. He provides reports for HQ on product ideas and potential sales figures. He knows what will sell and what won't.

A lot of loggers and timber fallers here are lining up to buy new 440s and they'll pay whatever it costs.
Absolutely. When you need a tool that allows you to make thousands of dollars that is dependable day in and day out, a couple hundred dollars either way is negligible. If you're wanting 20 of the things to sit on shelves and look pretty or cut a few cookies for the neighbor kids now and then, it's a different story.

I am curious what the prices will be in my area. i picked up a barely used one last fall for 500 bucks. In my opinion a 28'' bar is way to much for a stock 440 but someguys love them that way. I run a 20'' on mine in hardwoods and it cuts good.

Im sorry to veer off track here fellas but I was just wandering what the major differences were between a 440 and an 044? I would imagine the same would apply to 660/066 as well......

The differences were minor and had more to do with increasing EPA restrictions than anything. Small changes in port timing, piston alloys, carburetor jetting, gasket materials, and of course- flippy caps.

One of the big changes I liked was the lighter flywheel on later 044s and 440s which helped with acceleration.

The differences were minor and had more to do with increasing EPA restrictions than anything. Small changes in port timing, piston alloys, carburetor jetting, gasket materials, and of course- flippy caps.

One of the big changes I liked was the lighter flywheel on later 044s and 440s which helped with acceleration.

Excellent! Thanks for the answer man!

Latest posts

Back