MS440s in Stock

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Space is did hit the nail on the head in his last post. You've got to look past the initial cost on virtually any product that is top shelf quality today. Most people don't look at the increased longevity/production you may get on a good piece of equipment.
I've stihl got a FS 80 string trimmer going that has to be approaching 25 years of use. The same with an old lawn boy commercial push mower with the cast iron sleeve. I paid about 350.00 for that push mower 23 years ago, I could have bought a murray at wal-mart for 59.00, my dad gave me hell at the time as I didn't have a pot to pizz in, little did he know I was just following his example. By the time you amoritize the cost out over the extra years of use it usually saves you money to wait and buy the best possible tools you can afford. In my little world it has proven to save me money in the long run.
Today, I'm shopping for a bbq grill that will last me years as I'm tired of spending 100.00 bucks every two years to put replacement burners in this danged Sam's Club grill.

Lots of folks wont pay what stihl wants for an ms200t. I would pay twice that asking price cuz to me that saw is the money maker. If you are harry the happy homeowner, the ms200t is not for you.

Personally I think stihl is doing some very smart marketing with the ms440. Lots of tree guys used to run the 440 cuz they were a great all around saw. The ms441 was very poorly received and most folks switched to the husky 372xp to get away from the strato. A few diehards went with the ms460 but that saw was more expensive and just too heavy. Now that husky in the US is marketing all stratos in the 70cc class, Stihl brings back an old favorite in a non-strato (i assume its a non-strato?). Brilliant maneuver on stihls behalf to try and get back some of the tree folks that coverted to husky. I do believe that stihl will sell these saws very quickly even at that market price but sales will be mostly to pros who make money with a saw.

Lots of folks wont pay what stihl wants for an ms200t. I would pay twice that asking price cuz to me that saw is the money maker. If you are harry the happy homeowner, the ms200t is not for you.

Personally I think stihl is doing some very smart marketing with the ms440. Lots of tree guys used to run the 440 cuz they were a great all around saw. The ms441 was very poorly received and most folks switched to the husky 372xp to get away from the strato. A few diehards went with the ms460 but that saw was more expensive and just too heavy. Now that husky in the US is marketing all stratos in the 70cc class, Stihl brings back an old favorite in a non-strato (i assume its a non-strato?). Brilliant maneuver on stihls behalf to try and get back some of the tree folks that coverted to husky. I do believe that stihl will sell these saws very quickly even at that market price but sales will be mostly to pros who make money with a saw.

I agree. the other thing to keep in mind is that we have only heard a price from one guy on this thread so far. i bet you will find them cheaper.

I want to find several cheaper but someone indicated that the new ms440 might not be marketed in the North East due to competition with the ms441. They cant give the ms441 away up here.

I think it`s funny how many members said the 440 would never be back and the whole thing was just a rumor..:clap:Great saw!!!I won`t buy a new one, but will certainly keep rebuilding old ones..:rock:

Stihl will probably offer it as long as sales and EPA credits hold out. Then spread the word it will be discontinued and jack the price 200 bucks more.:laugh:

I just put a couple hundred down on a full-wrap model. Figure I'll regret it later if I don't grab a new 440 while I can. Gonna pay about $800 all siad and done. Buyin' PHO because I can't justify the space ONE MORE BAR will take up.

$800 is easier to swallow than the $979 or whatever it was at the place it was found.

I'm curious to see some flow tests on the new HD 2 air filter (pleated no more pre wrap) that comes on the new 440 vs. current HD and Max flo.... It looks really good.

I got the official email this morning
Stihl has decided to do a limited run of MS440 saws, the MSRP w/
a 20" bar is 939$, 80$ more than the MS441. For this reason Northeast Stihl has chosen not to stock this unit.

Latest posts

Back