MS461R Chain Tension Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now those look right!! The right hook and angle. And like I said a sharp tooth can't be touched without drawing blood. There razor sharp.

Raker height looks ok maybe a tad low. Do you have any feeler gauges? You can put a flat bar or something across the top of cutters and use the feelers to see the distance there. Stock stihl chain is .025 but that saw can easily handle .030

Also fileing at 30° your chain will stay sharper longer than fileing at 45°

Also to a Newby holding the file in the correct position your suppose too defys your logic for some reason. Everyone thinks they should be filed at an extreme angle and go upward. Its a compound angle (angle of file and cutter itself) thing matched with the round file makes it work the way it does.

the sprocket needs looked at take it off and see if the chain is rubbing on the drum chain looks alot better now i may have to buy a 2n1 and see wat is better the 2n1 or the timberline i have set my grinder away on the shelf

Sir does this mean you approve of my work?
Glockem45: Your Rakers are going to be aggressive when you get into the cut, so don't push the saw. You might even have to hold up on it a bit to keep it from grabbing too much wood, and bogging down.
Have you solved the tension problem yet ?

Glockem45: Your Rakers are going to be aggressive when you get into the cut, so don't push the saw. You might even have to hold up on it a bit to keep it from grabbing too much wood, and bogging down.
Have you solved the tension problem yet ?
I thought those rakers looked low too. He said he will run it tomorrow. Hes probably in bed now (early to bed and rise). He didnt get time to run it yet. He is an office jocky...sorry (ducks and hides) , i will now go put my asbestos suit on.

I know he spent the time today so he can put it in wood tomorrow.

Hey that is what the manual says to do. It says flip the bar at every other time you fully sharpen the chain or swap chains. :)
real men don't read the instructions.:laughing: seriously i hope you get it worked out. stihl thinking of some other issues if the chain don't stay tight. good luck glockem.

Hey that is what the manual says to do. It says flip the bar at every other time you fully sharpen the chain or swap chains. :)
Just poking fun at you . Thats kind of a chainsaw joke. People point bit out all the time! Ha! Since there are so many who dont know that think it has to go the "right way" so you can see the writing correctly.

Just poking fun at you . Thats kind of a chainsaw joke. People point bit out all the time! Ha! Since there are so many who dont know that think it has to go the "right way" so you can see the writing correctly.

I know, did you notice my smiley face? I will be noodling in the next 30 minutes. Can't wait. Dang all this rain over the last two weeks. Time to dig out the new chaps and gloves and go run this bad boy.

I know, did you notice my smiley face? I will be noodling in the next 30 minutes. Can't wait. Dang all this rain over the last two weeks. Time to dig out the new chaps and gloves and go run this bad boy.
Yea I could tell you knew ;-)

Yea its still raining here.

I think were gonna dump water here today!! Free release[emoji50] [emoji54] hasnt been done since 1998!

Back