MS660 Give-Away to Help My Brother...Go Here First!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI to everyone out there...I received the John Deere CS62 from EdRitchey (yeah, Eric!!) in the mail! It's all boxed up and will be ready to ship when we have the drawing on Sept 26. The winner of the MS660 will have it shipped from Brad Snelling in Ohio.

I mailed a postal money order for 2 tickets today also. I'd like to mailed it earlier, but money was too tight at the begining of the week.

I know the money will help your brother, but he's already wealthy beyond any riches to have a brother like you, Joel.

You going to do a tally for today, Joel?

Hi, Tim. Yep, I'm late getting this in today.
Update for September 17

Here are the latest contributors:

Mr. Bow Saw Donation
Spacemule 3 tickets (pending eCheck)
jra1100 Donation

The total to date is: $1932.47 + about $150 in pending PP transactions.

Wow, almost to $2000! This total does not include any ticket requests from regular mail. I hope that tomorrow will be the day that these start coming in. I live in the middle of nowhere, so mail can be 4-5 days getting here.

Thank you all for the sacrifice you're making. About 70 different people have donated so far. I know some of you, like Jock, are going through hard times and you had to dig deep to help. For all you've done, I'm truly grateful.

Remember, the drawing is on September 26 for those two fine saws. So let's talk this thing up and make a nice push through the weekend!

Last edited:
I mailed a postal money order for 2 tickets today also. I'd like to mailed it earlier, but money was too tight at the begining of the week.

I know the money will help your brother, but he's already wealthy beyond any riches to have a brother like you, Joel.

Thanks for the compliment, Banshee. I really haven't been the brother that I should have been in the past. But I'm trying to do better.

Pay It Forward

I'm not smart enough to give advice on how to port a saw or what chain to use. For me, giving to this cause is a way to pay a small piece back to the group.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I have profited technically and personally from the abundance of information and helpful members of AS. This good cause presents an opportunity for me to pay it forward and give something back. Check en route from MI.

Joel -- God's speed to your brother and family.

Thanks for the compliment, Banshee. I really haven't been the brother that I should have been in the past. But I'm trying to do better.

You're "manning up", maturing, learning from the past, and setting a fine selfless example for the rest of us. It doesn't matter your age. You may be 20, you may be 50. As long as we continue to learn from life, that's what's important. That's exemplary and commendable! I respect that tremendously.

What you've done is not an easy thing. I'm sure it took some thought and deliberation when you first thought of it. I've admitted in the past that I'm not the most selfless person in the world. That's something I have to work on. But when I finally gave that 046 to my BIL, it was an awesome feeling. As soon as I committed in my mind that I was going to do it, I couldn't wait to do it.

Again, my hat's off to you, not only for what you're doing, but for sharing your growing experience with us.

Some are more selfless by nature. My wife is like that. As the Good Book says, "It's more blessed to give than to receive". However, with all that said, I still wouldn't mind winning the MS660:hmm3grin2orange:

Thank you J.R.! I'll get your name on the drawing list as soon as it arrives. I'd like to hear the story behind your avatar sometime.

The picture is taken in Peru, way,way back in the Amazon jungle. I always say that we were so far from civilization that we had to have air pumped in to us. I went with an author friend of mine who was doing research for a book. We had flown to Lima and then over the Andes to Iquitos which is a beautiful old city, once the richest city in the world, and the largest that you can't get to by wheeled vehicle. From there up the Amazon to the Tahuayo river and up that about 45 miles. This picture is me with the local witch doctor and his son in front of their grass hut. I'm about 6'3, and the witch doctor is rather tall for the local natives. Felt like a giant down there. Saw some trees that would humble even our friends from the PNW. Logging is illegal in that area now, but a lot was still going on. I saw a couple of 090's when I was there, but didn't know what they were then, (06), before I joined AS. JR

J.R., cool story! Iquitos must be fascinating. Did they try to recruit you for their local basketball team?

Hey everyone, if you are planning on participating in the Give-Away for the John Deere CS62 or the Stihl 660, the first donations sent by regular mail arrived today. They came from Ohio and North Carolina, and were postmarked on September 15. So mail to me will be 3-4 days getting here via USPS.

Thought you'd want to know.

Thanks again for all your kind words and your donations to date. You're making a difference!
Joel

Just to let you guys know how great and far-reaching this site is, my brother has been blessed with donations from the USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland and now today Norway! Incredible. Thank you all so much!

Mine is in the mail.

My prayers for your brother....that he will recover as much as is possible (all according to God's will).

He is fortunate to have family like you.

Best wishes for you, your brother...and the families involved.

Flint.

Donation sent today, and I'm glad to be able to help out.

Friends think I'm nuts to spend as much time on this site as I do, but it's more than the saws, it's good people.

:cheers: to all of you guys.

Bump.

(Getting kinda close to the bottom of the page..) :)

Thanks for the bumps to keep this up near the top.:)

Mine is in the mail.

My prayers for your brother....that he will recover as much as is possible (all according to God's will).

He is fortunate to have family like you.

Best wishes for you, your brother...and the families involved.

Flint.

Thank you for the help and the wishes.:clap:

Donation sent today, and I'm glad to be able to help out.

Friends think I'm nuts to spend as much time on this site as I do, but it's more than the saws, it's good people.

:cheers: to all of you guys.

Thanks Spike and I agree that this site is more than saws, it's a family...a world-wide family. Just plain good people.

Just to let you guys know how great and far-reaching this site is, my brother has been blessed with donations from the USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland and now today Norway! Incredible. Thank you all so much!

Add England to the list!!

Back