My DR Splitter woodpiles w/pics...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry about the dog's eye problems :dizzy: :dizzy:

No worry. The DR splitter does a fine job. We got rid of our smoky, noisy, smelly, beast B&S splitter years ago for a tiny tiny DR electric hydraulic in 2001...and don't look back. The 6-8 cords of firewood we need yearly are split quietly, at any time, little fuss with maintenance. I can listen to music, sing, relax, keep a Maine micro brew close at hand. Plug it in, press the switch, split.
It is slower and much less power than our old 20 ton beast, but does about 80% of the splitting. Good choice.:clap:
Now to leer at my Woodpiles. It is a disease.

logbutcher,
Yeah the ol' dogs' eyes glow like hot coals as the burning season approaches lol! It's good to hear from someone else that uses a DR too!! I don't feel so bad now! With 6-8 cords a year it sounds like you really put that splitter through it's paces!

I just saw a local news channel ad that said to save for heating bills this winter. Looks like you got that one covered. Me too.

Ya got to love a woman who helps you support your habit.

danrclem,

They're planning on raping us with heating bill increases this coming winter. Folks are being more informed and frugal and are adding insulation and other things to help cut costs and as a result the heating companies aren't getting what they used to get so they're finding ways to try to get it out of us.

The wife used to think I spent too much time indulging in my newfound habit , but now she backs me up 110%!! Now she always asks me if I think I have enough!!

danrclem,
...so they're finding ways to try to get it out of us.

Just live with it. Oil is a commodity, priced by those that extract it. That's the reality, not politics or "obscene profits". Understand what the price is overseas or just across the border. We don't see governments dropping taxes .:censored: :buttkick:

The wife used to think I spent too much time indulging in my newfound habit , but now she backs me up 110%!! Now she always asks me if I think I have enough!!

You can never be too rich, too thin, or have enough in your woodpile. Old Maine saying.

Very nice that will come in handy this winter for sure!! I got some literature on the DR and wondered what it could really do looks like alot!! I bought a huskee from TS and its still being fixed after running for 3 hrs. almost been a month and still don't have it back lots to finish so it can get somewhat dry!! Good job! irishcountry

That's how I just got my new 372xp. :biggrinbounce2: My wife knows we're saving money and the equipment will last for years to come. The fact that she likes the heat that the woodstove puts out put the icing on the cake.

Danny

Back