My first saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well normally I cut wood with my brother and he has a 362 c so I thought I should get something larger to have 2 saw combo between both of us and I like the mtronic and I did not feal like the 441c was a big step up from the 362c and if I got the 441c I would have wanted the r version not so much for the wrap handle but for all the other upgrades and to order that would have cost me 1050. But the local saw shop had this for 1100 so now I have a 661c. Before I bought this I was always using my dad's saw which was a 310 farmboss.

As long as this Wisconsin weather holds out it will be making chips tomorrow. It should have a little more power then the 310...

That cad catches up with you quick... be careful. I have both saws (362-661) you are going to love that combo, and want a 362 of your own

Wow... for a first saw, that's a bunch.
My first was a little green Poulan top handle (Woodsman 2000 if I'm remembering correctly)... bought it new-in-box at a hardware store for something like $89.oo. I was like 18 or 19 years old and proud as a peacock... until I tried to use it and it wouldn't cut :(

Lesson learned the hard way... seems it's possible to put the chain on backwards... who'd a thunk such a thing??

Congrats.
I want another saw... and these sorts of threads ain't helpin' my patients much.

3120 Husqvarna is a better one saw plan, IMO. With a 42" bar. That way you can do anything from limbing to milling all with the same rig. 661s are for teenage girls. And men over 80. Duh. o_O

Smart guy you are, buying your 661 now, before your daughters are teenagers. That's why I bought mine also, I am just glad they let me use it from time to time,,,

NB.jpg.jpg

oh yeah, congrats on the new saw OP!!

Wow... for a first saw, that's a bunch.
My first was a little green Poulan top handle (Woodsman 2000 if I'm remembering correctly)... bought it new-in-box at a hardware store for something like $89.oo. I was like 18 or 19 years old and proud as a peacock... until I tried to use it and it wouldn't cut :(

Lesson learned the hard way... seems it's possible to put the chain on backwards... who'd a thunk such a thing??

Congrats.
I want another saw... and these sorts of threads ain't helpin' my patients much.
Dude go out and get yourself a nice new saw if'n that's what you want, you deserve it.

Latest posts

Back