My Husky 51/Woodsman Pro/Full Chisel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, I may as well jump into the pond. Many others are doing it. This is my Husky 51 using Baileys Woodland Pro Full Chisel 16 BC/ 325/.058. Anyway this chain has been loitering around for a few years. This is my first video presentation, so feel free to make comments. This chain is 70% worn. However look at the chips.

WOW 65 views and not one comment. I must be doing something wonderfully right or terribly wrong

Well, I may as well jump into the pond. Many others are doing it. This is my Husky 51 using Baileys Woodland Pro Full Chisel 16 BC/ 325/.058. Anyway this chain has been loitering around for a few years. This is my first video presentation, so feel free to make comments. This chain is 70% worn. However look at the chips.

WOW 65 views and not one comment. I must be doing something wonderfully right or terribly wrong

Due to a update on my YouTube channel the comments are now allowed. My apologies to anyone wishing to make a comment. Here are a couple images of the chain that was used. Thanks, Ken20211216_133159[1].jpg20211216_133211[1].jpg

Many computers cannot play this video, mine included. I have an ancient operating system and browser -- Windows XP and Mozilla FireFox. I'm preparing to upgrade.

FWIW, two years ago I upgraded a Husky 51 with a larger top end and it pulls a 20" bar rather well. The owner really likes it.

Looks like the chain is a bit dull and perhaps the rakers a bit too high. Also looks like your filing too high on the tooth.
That saw should self blow though that like butter with no dogging and its not.

Well it just goes to show that you can still cut wood with a worn chain. I am happy with it and that's who counts. I really don't car how many messages he has posted. BTW,I sharpened it to the manufacture's specks. I know that he's kidding.
Hay BWalker, someone saw my video and has offered me $400 for it.

Well it just goes to show that you can still cut wood with a worn chain. I am happy with it and that's who counts. I really don't car how many messages he has posted. BTW,I sharpened it to the manufacture's specks. I know that he's kidding.
Hay BWalker, someone saw my video and has offered me $400 for it.
If your happy that's what matters...
But that chain isn't sharpened to factory specs by a long shot. File is too high and that's easy to see.

I watched your video and the saw and chain seem to be performing just fine.
I did not hear the saw bogging down from having to lean on it and it is throwing chips not saw dust.
Good Job.
It is not like you are entering a race chain contest.

If your happy that's what matters...
But that chain isn't sharpened to factory specs by a long shot. File is too high and that's easy to see.
Well sir, according to the box the chain came in it requires a 1/8 grinding wheel or a 3/16 file. The rankers are set according to the same instructions on the box .025--.028. I use my Jolly Star and set the raker's to what I see works.

Are some of the rakers missing?
View attachment 948937
No they are not missing. Just filed down. The distance from the raker to the cutter is significant. So according to the book "Chainsaw Savvy" buy Neil Soderstrum it is mentioned that the raker be taken down further to compensate for the distance. This is a full chisel chain.

Latest posts

Back