My new crack head ghetto saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I went and nabbed this ms660 off CL yesterday afternoon. I had to go up to scary gary indiana to get it.(Gary In. is one of the worst cities in the usa) Lets just say the dude I bought if from never ran a saw, cut a tree etc. I was at the ghetto dope house maybe 10 minutes and nice steady foot traffic of americas most wanted were in an out.
Saw needs a new chain but otherwise pretty nice. Compression just north of 150psi. has a nice 32" bar saw cleaned up good, looks brand new . Nice score for $300,

stuffz309.jpg

stuffz312.jpg

stuffz308.jpg

Here is my little collecton of 66's I have about $1400 wrapped up in these saws

stuffz313.jpg

Last edited:
awesome score...Ill trade you a locked up ps9000 for one o them 66's....lol

You did good!!!!

$300.00 Wow!!! He musta needed a fix really bad!!!!!! LOL!!!
Really though,,,,with all the people outta work and tryin to at least make it I seen alot of things for sell going really cheep.... I had time I had to sell something I wish I never did was my Dad's model 12 Winchester shotgun to get me over the hump when I had a bad time ,,and it did get me tru,,but I always ,and will forever regret doin that....

Stolen from someone most likely, based on your story, don't sound right. Maybe some treeguy traded it for dope, you never know. :buttkick:

Nice saw.
By the sounds of it one of `Americas most wanted` lifted the saw out of someones pickup, then went straight to the dope house and traded it for some gear.
The dealer then put it on CL.

I went and nabbed this ms660 off CL yesterday afternoon. I had to go up to scary gary indiana to get it.(Gary In. is one of the worst cities in the usa) Lets just say the dude I bought if from never ran a saw, cut a tree etc. I was at the ghetto dope house maybe 10 minutes and nice steady foot traffic of americas most wanted were in an out.
Saw needs a new chain but otherwise pretty nice. Compression just north of 150psi. has a nice 32" bar saw cleaned up good, looks brand new . Nice score for $300,

stuffz309.jpg

stuffz312.jpg

stuffz308.jpg

Here is my little collecton of 66's I have about $1400 wrapped up in these saws

stuffz313.jpg

Glad to see someone else collecting them .....I dont need any more at 14 066/660's and 7 parts saws......

Congrats on the great score......

I was thinking about maybe selling a few that I dont need ....

LOL, Gary is a :censored:hole. My dad always used to say that if the USA had a a:censored:shole it was Gary, Indiana:greenchainsaw:

L@ Gink....

LOL, Gary is a :censored:hole. My dad always used to say that if the USA had a a:censored:shole it was Gary, Indiana:greenchainsaw:

Guess you never been to New Orleans ...

Not sure I'd be able to turn down a deal like that, but if we purchase saws that likely are stolen, can we complain when ours get stolen?

Not judging...just a thought.

Most likely stolen but what can you do? Its not like a car or bike with a vin number and a DMV.
Some kid probably took it from his dad or employer and traded it for drugs. Guy you got it from didn't even know what it was.

Most likely stolen but what can you do? Its not like a car or bike with a vin number and a DMV.
Some kid probably took it from his dad or employer and traded it for drugs. Guy you got it from didn't even know what it was.

Not necessarily true. New Stihls are usually registered by the dealer in the owners name. If the original owner still had it, it should be trackable.

Not necessarily true. New Stihls are usually registered by the dealer in the owners name. If the original owner still had it, it should be trackable.

oh, didn't know that but makes seance. But you never get the # ran threw to see if it stolen.
When i get caught riding dirt bikes or quads on the street they always run the vins, doesn't work like that with saws.

Only way that might help is if you know who took it and they could check and see if it is yours.

Not sure I'd be able to turn down a deal like that, but if we purchase saws that likely are stolen, can we complain when ours get stolen?

:agree2:

We all like a good deal, but don't like the feeling when something is stolen from us...life can be bitter...

Good observation. Especially since when we buy hot gear we're creating demand for hot gear . . .

Nice saw.

But you know once you bring one crack head ghetto saw into the stable, then pretty soon all your saws will want to do is lie around and smoke crack all day. They'll be stealing from you to get it and you will feel totally betrayed because you use to trust them.

So everytime we buy a used saw off of e-bay or C-list should we see if it's a hot saw?

So everytime we buy a used saw off of e-bay or C-list should we see if it's a hot saw?
If you suspect it is stolen, might not be a bad idea.

The point is that if your buying a saw at some crack house, it is most likely stolen. Whether it is listed with the police or not, some guy is probably without a saw. Maybe it was legitimate how it was obtained, but what are the chances of that in a crack house? Just sayin'...

I have bought a lot of tools off craigslist, but most all of them are from people that seem legit, and just want to get rid of something. I have walked away from deals that smell funny, just because...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back