My new Dolmar 5105

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D:D
Hope it runs forever to.Did the dealer set it up?Does it have a CAT muffler?Whats the cold psi?
I had a 5100 non CAT that was blowing 200psi after 2 tanks.
I had a ported NE346xp at the same time so the Dolly had to go.
Have fun with it.

Dealer set it up with a tach, the 5105's have a cat muffler. Once I get it broke it I am going to buy a 5100 muff and do a mod on it, keep the stock for warranty work. Didn't check the psi, but compared to my passed down homelite super ez, this thing is like a Ferrari compared to a ford f150.

Stump shots are like the finish in an adult movie, you got to have them or you may never know how it ends!!

Sent from my XT881

Chaps of the highest quality

How are the Dolmar chaps ?

Scott

I pm'd Scott, but I wanted to share with everyone. The dolmar full wrap chaps are very high quality, borderline stiff right out of the package. I have no worries that if an accident occurred they would do their job. Now if it would just warm up a little I wouldn't have to wear my old great uncles WWII era navy coveralls under them to stay warm. Then maybe I could have had some better range of motion. I felt like I was in a lower body cast when I first put them on. Better safe than sorry. I will update once I get them broke in.

And post pictures too for you photophiles out there.

Embarrassing

Stump shots are like the finish in an adult movie, you got to have them or you may never know how it ends!!

Sent from my XT881

Didn't want my first stump shot to look like I blew my load too early. It's not good when the tree that just came off the stump is in the background, still vertical. Once I get it on the ground, I will take pics. Don't want anyone to see my FD (felling dysfunction). I think they make a saw for that.

It happens to a lot of us our first time!

Very nice. Is it bad if I call it a cute little thing. LOL Looks very nice. I've never fondled one of those yet but hope to someday:hmm3grin2orange: Enjoy it and new saw rep sent.

Very nice. Is it bad if I call it a cute little thing. LOL Looks very nice. I've never fondled one of those yet but hope to someday:hmm3grin2orange: Enjoy it and new saw rep sent.

Guess compared to some over saws it might be a little saw. But to a small guy 5'10" 180, it's just right. My back is tweaky, so I have to use perfect form when cutting. If I get to over my toes, it's strains my back. This saw is just right. With a 20" bar and chain, I can manage. I want to get a 16" and let her rip.:rock:

Guess compared to some over saws it might be a little saw. But to a small guy 5'10" 180, it's just right. My back is tweaky, so I have to use perfect form when cutting. If I get to over my toes, it's strains my back. This saw is just right. With a 20" bar and chain, I can manage. I want to get a 16" and let her rip.:rock:

Nothing wrong with that man. I'm for sure happy to be getting my limbing saw running better. Swinging my new 365 with a 24" on it for everything gets a little harsh even for me. 6' 270lb. I say whatever works and lets you be out enjoying the woods and doing what you have to do. I'm in MD also near the PA border in Northern Carroll Co. You anywhere close?

Nothing wrong with that man. I'm for sure happy to be getting my limbing saw running better. Swinging my new 365 with a 24" on it for everything gets a little harsh even for me. 6' 270lb. I say whatever works and lets you be out enjoying the woods and doing what you have to do. I'm in MD also near the PA border in Northern Carroll Co. You anywhere close?

Garrett county, 10 min from deep creek lake. I have quite a few customers in Westminster. My little super ez is a great saw for limbing if I can get the stupid oil line replaced.

Garrett county, 10 min from deep creek lake. I have quite a few customers in Westminster. My little super ez is a great saw for limbing if I can get the stupid oil line replaced.

I might come out that far for a GTG. Pretty area. Bring the wife and stay for the weekend someplace. Hmmmm

Nice saw!
How much rpm on full wott with the tach?

The tach said around 13600, but bring it back in after 4 or 5 tanks for a retune. As I said, other than the good reputation of the saw itself, the dealer is a buddy of mine, so i can bring the saw in anytime i want to have it tached, to make sure it is running optimally. If I do replace the muffler and mod it, you bet I will be having it adjusted. And an FYI, my carbs adjustment screws were not epoxied. I will take a pic next time I run the saw.

I might come out that far for a GTG. Pretty area. Bring the wife and stay for the weekend someplace. Hmmmm

We may be having a spring GTG in SWPA. Do a search for J-town area get together, I think they are waiting for spring, so we don't have to contend with snow. I still have 6-8" of the white stuff laying around. I took extra caution when cutting yesterday, to make sure my area was cleared of branches and snow, in case I had to book it once the tree started to go. Lucky for me if you read my previous posts, that was not an issue :frown:

I think I am hooking my tractor to the tree tonight to get it on the ground. Pictures to follow.

Latest posts

Back