My new Stihl 260 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Just a note for the guys saying that the decomp is ridiculous on a 50cc saw. From my understanding, it isn't there to make pulling it over easier on the operator, it's there to make pulling it over easier on the plastic starter components.

Ian

JJuday

JJuday

Addicted to ArboristSite
I think that you would regret using an 8-pin sprocket on a 260. You can get some more speed, but you will lose the power. It might be OK for limbing.

8 pin and 16'' b&c here and no regrets! 260 pro is aimed at the limbing and thinning/tree and bucket work tasks anyway.

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
8 pin and 16'' b&c here and no regrets! 260 pro is aimed at the limbing and thinning/tree and bucket work tasks anyway.

Yep, it all depends on what you're using it for. If you are using it for a light weight limbing saw and all it sees is 8" and smaller stuff, then the larger rim might not be too much.

However, if it is used as a primary firewood saw and that 16" bar gets buried on a regular basis, you'd be best served with a standard rim IMO.

Ian

fishercat

fishercat

Addicted to ArboristSite
yep,you're right.

Just a note for the guys saying that the decomp is ridiculous on a 50cc saw. From my understanding, it isn't there to make pulling it over easier on the operator, it's there to make pulling it over easier on the plastic starter components.

Ian

it's to take stress off the recoil pawls and even the rope.