My newest toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that is one ugly supercar, especially considering what it cost. IMO there are much better cars out there for the $$$. Even Nissan offers the GT-R that will top out at 192 and has an equal 0-60 time when compared to pretty much any car out there for about $70,000. Unheard of performance for that price range. Later!

How DARE you compare a Nissan POS joke of a super car to a Ferrari.

Havent you heard about the problems with the GT-R?

All new owners have to sign a form upon delivery stating they acknowledge that turning off traction control, and turning on the Differential control will result in transmission failure. Keep in mind these buttons are located on the dash panel..

Basically what you end up doing is a computer controlled 4 wheel clutch drop...yes, they actually made the computer so it does a fully controlled clutch drop...and then tell you NOT TO DO IT.

Well in the glove box you will find a little book filled with emtpy "Transmission logs" so the dealers can keep track of how many transmissions the car has used.. But keep in mind, these are not warranteed...at all.

A new GT-R transmission will set a stuntin playa back a cool 20,000 dollars, and nissan doesnt seem to be fixing the problem at all..They put a big engine in a fugly car, and made it so the computer can eat the weak transmission.

For 70K...you dont get what you pay for.

Or you can have THE KING OF THE HILL...for about 100,000 dollars.

2009_zr1_1.jpg

The KING has returned....Long live the KING

That's your opinion....... Put that ugly piece of crap Ferrari against the new GT-R and see what happens. People that like Ferrari are comparable to people that like Stihl. They think the name means everything when that's all it is.... just a name and nothing else. Later!

The Enzo may be ugly...but Ill bet the transmission stays put when you put the power to it.

Face it. Nissan screwed the pooch with the GT-R. They hyped it up, and when people finally got their hands on it...boom, instant fail.

Heck, for 60K or less now, you can get into a new Corvette Z06.
505hp
427ci V8
16/26 Rated fuel economy at that.

Don's%20New%20Z06%20Corvette%20012.jpg

Nissan isnt even in the ballpark,.

480hp

And a nice big WING to keep the car planted....pfffttt:dizzy: :dizzy:

2009-Nissan-GT-R-30.jpg

:cheers:..................My little micro brew business took off this year so I ordered up one of these Pagani Roadsters....................:cheers:

2006-Pagani-Zonda-Roadster-F-SA-1280x960.jpg

I liked my first little P-Roadster so much, I decide to get another! :)

Pagani%20Zonda%20Roadster%20.jpg

I got tired of Exotic cars a while back, so I picked up a Catherine Zeta-Jones off Ebay, Ive been riding in it ever since, hasnt let me down yet...Gets great mileage, it's easy on the eyes too.

catherine-zeta-jones-picture-5.jpg

Yall should feel the Power Steering rack this thing has, and the Dana-Spicer rearend is something to behold. I like to keep a bra on her ot keep those healights from getting nicked on those long, high speed cruises we take...keeps the paint looking like new.

Couple more years Ill take her in and have her front end realigned, and get some upgrades...

I got tired of Exotic cars a while back, so I picked up a Catherine Zeta-Jones off Ebay, Ive been riding in it ever since, hasnt let me down yet...Gets great mileage, it's easy on the eyes too.

catherine-zeta-jones-picture-5.jpg

Yall should feel the Power Steering rack this thing has, and the Dana-Spicer rearend is something to behold. I like to keep a bra on her ot keep those healights from getting nicked on those long, high speed cruises we take...keeps the paint looking like new.

Couple more years Ill take her in and have her front end realigned, and get some upgrades...
:hmm3grin2orange: I love it-dave-

interesting point.

That's your opinion....... Put that ugly piece of crap Ferrari against the new GT-R and see what happens. People that like Ferrari are comparable to people that like Stihl. They think the name means everything when that's all it is.... just a name and nothing else. Later!

on paper,the Nissan sounds amazing.it's a whole 'nother ball game in the drivers seat.that Ferrari while hold up a lot better to high speed for a lot longer than the Nissan.you will feel the speed in the Nissan,your feel stable in the Ferrari.

don't get me wrong..................

i'd build a 1500 toyoyta twin turbo surpa before i'd buy the Ferrari or the Nissan.

as for the new Vettes,they are the best looking models since 1967.GM really outdid themselves on the new Vettes.

Inside an Enzo. When you buy an Enzo, (or did) you have to go to the factory to get custom fitted for the seats. And you have to agree not to sell it. No scalping.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I like the older stuff though.

57 vette fuelie. About 400 hp and it is a 283.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Smokey Yunick's Camaro now owned by Vic Edelbrock. It's been called a 7/8 scale Camaro. Chopped a little, channeled a little, windshield laid back a little, and dual quads on a 302.

attachment.php

attachment.php

i'd build a 1500 toyoyta twin turbo surpa before i'd buy the Ferrari or the Nissan.

as for the new Vettes,they are the best looking models since 1967.GM really outdid themselves on the new Vettes.

Ive always had a special place for the C4 vettes..1984-1996. The lip up headlights, big clamshell hood, fighter jet inspired interior, handles on rails, good fun performance...I love my '85, but I want to replace it with a 1996 LT4 Vette, or a 1990 ZR-1. As usual, funding such a venture is the real problem.

The C5 was aweful...Huge butt, plain front end, interior was too soccer mom...handling was awesome, performance was awesome, but it was just so plain, and pricey. The C6 is great, too bad GM cant afford to advertise it at all anymore. They were doing great when it came out in 2005...but now they cant do crap.

I like the older stuff though.

57 vette fuelie. About 400 hp and it is a 283.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Smokey Yunick's Camaro now owned by Vic Edelbrock. It's been called a 7/8 scale Camaro. Chopped a little, channeled a little, windshield laid back a little, and dual quads on a 302.

attachment.php

attachment.php

IF you're going to put that much body work into a car...I cant think of a better car than the '49 Merc.

Chop, Channeled, Frenched headlights, God only knows what else...

Mercury-leadsled-black-yellow-flames-le.jpg

IF you're going to put that much body work into a car...I cant think of a better car than the '49 Merc.

Chop, Channeled, Frenched headlights, God only knows what else...

Mercury-leadsled-black-yellow-flames-le.jpg

Smokey's car isn't a cruiser. It was made to beat Fords. All the bodywork was done for aerodynamics without being noticeable. Even the drip rails above the doors were cut down, not shaved, just lowered in profile. . It was channeled to get the subframe up into the body for a smooth belly pan. Some of the changes on Smokey's car were so subtle you wouldn't notice them unless you had it side by side with a stocker. Like the 12 bolt cover on a Ford nine inch. Gear ratios were important in Trans-Am racing and the 12 bolt is not a quick gear change. But, you also give up 3% of your power pushing it through a 9 inch.

Ok, that was from memory, but here's the deal.

Henry "Smokey" Yunick's '68 Camaro is the best damned example of a state-of-the-art Trans-Am race car even though he never won a single race with it. Smokey's loose and fast interpretation of the rules spawned an incredibly beautiful and superbly built racing machine. Of course Smokey's reputation for massaging his cars a bit above-and-beyond preceded him from his NASCAR projects and his Camaro was bounced a few times for tech violations. At Riverside, he was even disqualified for ignoring SCCA rules that required black numbers on a white background... because he thought that detracted from the looks of the car. Smokey's modifications were legion. Among the tweaks were numerous acid dipped body parts, thinner safety glass and other weight saving devices. As to aerodynamics that subtly turn a stock Camaro into a thing of beauty, the front sheet metal was dropped, all four fenders widened, the windshield laid back, the front subframe "Z'd" to lower the car, the floor pan moved up and even the driprails were moved closer to the body. The 302 was encouraged to redline at over 7 grand and produce an estimated 420-450HP with the power going through a Muncie 4-speed trans. At Bonneville, the car set more that a few speed and endurance records, not only with the 302 but also with a 396 installed. There's lineup of driving greats that have been behind the wheel of #13 that include Bruce McLaren, Jim Hall, Mark Donohue, Al Unser, Bobby Unser, Lloyd Ruby, Craig Fisher, Don Yenko and #### Guldstrand. In fact, Smokey's Camaro is still on the racetrack these days. Vic Edelbrock, now the current owner, has restored this racer to its former glory and recently took 4th at Sears Point vintage Trans-Am race.

and more

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimculp/2390168317/

Last edited:
Ya, Ive followed yunicks antics for some time, heck, most of the NASCAR rule book is because of him..haha.

Running coils of fuel line in the frame for more capacity, boxing the frame in, for more fuel capacity. Lead shot in the frame rails, with a rubber plug to release them after qualifying, Acid dipping panels for weight savings. Reverse flow cooling (as seen in the LT1 Vette engine), He was the master.

But im confused. The camaro you are talking about isnt the car smokey made 7/8th scale, he did that to a Chevelle that he had entered into NASCAR competition. The Camaro was just heavily heavily modified when it came to pretty much every aspect of the car's frame positioning, and body panel shape....well...not modified...massaged.

Back