My non-expert Dolmar/Makita observations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dolmars are ok but just don't have me feelin' the love. The little homewner Husky saws have really impressed me and even used with clean air filters and cleaned up they might be junky to some but they sure do work nice.

Merry Christmas and safe cutting to all.

They'll grow on you, the Dolmar's are just a little different, I like different.:D

They'll grow on you, the Dolmar's are just a little different, I like different.:D

Right with ya Andre!

eruge2yb.jpg

"They'll grow on you, the Dolmar's are just a little different, I like different."

I like different and politically INCORRECT. Nice thing about AS is you don't always need a crying towel. I'm such a Dolmar hater I was going to buy the Mastermind one Bryan2 just sold but I waited a bit and it was gone. A guy down the road from me has some Copsey saws but he's not welcome here anymore.

"They'll grow on you, the Dolmar's are just a little different, I like different."

I like different and politically INCORRECT. Nice thing about AS is you don't always need a crying towel. I'm such a Dolmar hater I was going to buy the Mastermind one Bryan2 just sold but I waited a bit and it was gone. A guy down the road from me has some Copsey saws but he's not welcome here anymore.

I know that guy, he's all right in my book, wish he was still around.

The blue Dollies are only attractive when they sport the Dolmar black caps, otherwise that off-white tophat looks weird. Though still not as bad as Husky's 2-tone orange.
I always liked that photo. I have to find myself a good log and try that pose one day.
I do however, count a few more Maks and Dollies in your photo than your sig suggests.
I think we could have done better on the photo if we positioned the saws and camera a little better... I own the 3 smurfs in front and another 6800 (in dolly orange - not pictured). What say ya'll... Lets make a commitment to make it to the Spring Iowa GTG and get an even better looking photo!!!! We'll need some of them sconsin boyz to come down though...
That's cause the orange ones are mine...
:msp_sneaky:
The yellow 166 was Heimannm's and the 5100 and 6401 behind the rest are Ancy's...
Iowa is loaded with Dolmars!!!

LOL... well we had just traded... I wanted more blue and matt wanted more orange so we traded the 540 for the 520! I am actually considering having my buddy in Wales hunt me down a Makita 5030 (dolmar 5105 in blue) and mail it to me so I'll be the only one state side with a blue 5105!

Iowa will have more Dollys and less Stihls if I have anything to say about it... If they would make a 90cc and a good top handle they'd have alot more tree service buyers!!!!

Sounds like my kind of place. :msp_smile:
THink you need to schedule a road trip to Iowa in the spring! :biggrinbounce2:

Pfffttttt, The first time we showed up at Iowa GTG with Dolmars??? It was like trying to get an Amish feller to try an electric razor....:msp_confused:
psssssssshhh! not anymore! Me and Andy are the two main owners I know of but I have 4 other guys that have 6400/7900's that I got for them!

Any of them thar' saws for sale cheap? My junky ole saws could use a little company. Tee Heee
You wish! Although you just missed Struggle trying to sell his almost brand new 9010 a couple months back. Had I known his price was so reasonable at the Iowa GTG... Well... I might own two had I known!

I like them b/c nobody knows they are good saws when they first seem them... Then you blow away a 046/460 and keep pace with 066/660 (shaper chain helps :wink: )... Eyes widen a little more when people get to use them! I've already made a couple converts!

I think we could have done better on the photo if we positioned the saws and camera a little better... I own the 3 smurfs in front and another 6800 (in dolly orange - not pictured). What say ya'll... Lets make a commitment to make it to the Spring Iowa GTG and get an even better looking photo!!!! We'll need some of them sconsin boyz to come down though...

LOL... well we had just traded... I wanted more blue and matt wanted more orange so we traded the 540 for the 520! I am actually considering having my buddy in Wales hunt me down a Makita 5030 (dolmar 5105 in blue) and mail it to me so I'll be the only one state side with a blue 5105!

Iowa will have more Dollys and less Stihls if I have anything to say about it... If they would make a 90cc and a good top handle they'd have alot more tree service buyers!!!!

THink you need to schedule a road trip to Iowa in the spring! :biggrinbounce2:

psssssssshhh! not anymore! Me and Andy are the two main owners I know of but I have 4 other guys that have 6400/7900's that I got for them!

You wish! Although you just missed Struggle trying to sell his almost brand new 9010 a couple months back. Had I known his price was so reasonable at the Iowa GTG... Well... I might own two had I known!

I like them b/c nobody knows they are good saws when they first seem them... Then you blow away a 046/460 and keep pace with 066/660 (shaper chain helps :wink: )... Eyes widen a little more when people get to use them! I've already made a couple converts!

You should take a look at Stumpy's thread and see how that 540 cuts now...
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!

Back