My reflections of A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't read all 22 pages, but I'm pretty new hear, but have a fairly extensive mechanical background.. I'm on oodles of other forums as well, and I know how there are arseholes on every one, but by the same token there are good folk everywhere too. Perhaps I haven't asked enough stupid questions, but I think I've been pretty warmly welcomed here and have been helped when I needed it.

However, I will blame this site for my latest addiction... when I came here barely 4 or 5 months ago, I had 2 saws and a parts saw.. I now have 4 runners and 3 parts saws, and several more on the way!
The bright side of it is I'm expanding my knowledge dramatically, and may be able to make a couple bucks on the side fixing saws in the winter time.

Woah dude....slow down here. 7 saws is not a "addiction"...its a starter kit.

Call us when you count "trunk loads" or truck beds full as a measurement scale. ;)

As someone said, it's exponential growth!.. A buddy says he might have a couple 3120 powerheads around, maybe I'll pick one of them up and make a mill out of them (port them first of course!). I'll probably be getting a couple more 65's from President, I'm sure from the parts I'll have at least one more (for 4x 65's and a 77).. I know my dad will be saying something about this before long!

Woah dude....slow down here. 7 saws is not a "addiction"...its a starter kit.

Call us when you count "trunk loads" or truck beds full as a measurement scale. ;)

Also, when you don't mind driving 3 hours one way, to purchase some saws.

Or when you decide buying in bulk makes sense. (like a load of 25-30 Shindaiwa parts saws for $2-5 each).

It's never funny if you have to explain the joke but....

Jon's comment is hysterical because your first statement is...." I can't read all 22 pages....but"
And Jon responds "TL : dR" ...that my friend ...is comedic poetry.

Thank you. I was really hoping someone would see the humor.

As someone said, it's exponential growth!.. A buddy says he might have a couple 3120 powerheads around, maybe I'll pick one of them up and make a mill out of them (port them first of course!). I'll probably be getting a couple more 65's from President, I'm sure from the parts I'll have at least one more (for 4x 65's and a 77).. I know my dad will be saying something about this before long!

Nice...I like the way you think there....you're gonna fit in just nice....

If the 22 pages was too long didn't read for y'all, let me paraphrase, (get you up too speed);

One of the locals fired off regarding the way the community engages/discourages new members. Some said hey! Some went nay! Of course the site is just a skeleton of what it was once before back in the day when all the clever machinist and loggers were in charge. They got jobs, got beer, got divorced or died. So someone mentions pie! Some one else says there's a better site yonder for the cool ones. Pictures of fat chicks. Pictures of smooth cleavage and some well hawaiian tropic oil dripping crack. Then the brushape blame game opens up and suspicions boil. More titties, more pie. Cars. Dodge is better. Bacon. Pie. Back on rack with some sharp chain talk then more nostalgia and subtle humor with the weathercaster. Soon more pie and hopefully titties and bacon.......

If the 22 pages was too long didn't read for y'all, let me paraphrase, (get you up too speed);

One of the locals fired off regarding the way the community engages/discourages new members. Some said hey! Some went nay! Of course the site is just a skeleton of what it was once before back in the day when all the clever machinist and loggers were in charge. They got jobs, got beer, got divorced or died. So someone mentions pie! Some one else says there's a better site yonder for the cool ones. Pictures of fat chicks. Pictures of smooth cleavage and some well hawaiian tropic oil dripping crack. Then the brushape blame game opens up and suspicions boil. More titties, more pie. Cars. Dodge is better. Bacon. Pie. Back on rack with some sharp chain talk then more nostalgia and subtle humor with the weathercaster. Soon more pie and hopefully titties and bacon.......

TL: DR

( ;) hat tip to Jon)

GREAT, now I'm going to have to go and read them!

And up until Jon's first tl;dr post, I wasn't familiar with the acronym, so some subtleties were lost.

Also in my post, I can't believe I used the wrong form of "Here" vs "hear".. I musta been asleep!

GREAT, now I'm going to have to go and read them!

And up until Jon's first tl;dr post, I wasn't familiar with the acronym, so some subtleties were lost.

Also in my post, I can't believe I used the wrong form of "Here" vs "hear".. I musta been asleep!

It's all good ...we see the "interior BC" thing. We're just joshin ya....its not like yer from Canada or anything... :)

I will take a 757...
5e1df748cbd6422cb75f447e7b576486.jpg

Back