My smallest and largest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest in CCs or size?

Have many 1950s-60s saws at the shop that weigh more that a small fridge it seems like haha!

Cc wise, I think a 2100 or 090 (I forget which is bigger). Have a few 2 cylinder 2 mans, those I have no idea on the cc.

Smallest?
015av top handle

DSCN5139.JPG DSCN5202.JPG Smallest is a 33 cc Homelite I saves from the dump. It's a good limbing saw. Biggest is a Stihl MS 660 that I just got done rebuilding. Haven't had it in wood yet.

My smallest, probably 38cc Poulan S25DA. Largest, Poulan 5200 or Husky 385xp. Both 85cc

GTGwood006_zpsf385e7a3.jpg

5200paint029_zps3bd74802.jpg

100_0137.jpg

Gregg,

Here is mine... Stihl 090GS and Husky T425 only 112cc between them ;-)

IMG_0789 (Medium).JPG

Very nice indeed. It seems like the older top handle Poulans have quite a following.

Thanks, and yes they do have a following. Unfortunately I don't use mine much any more. They are great saws to use when clearing small trees, brush etc. while clearing a fence row, or along the edge of a wood lot etc.

Gregg,

Very nice saws Gregg!

Thanks Nate. I should make a correction I suppose. That particular 5200 is actually 88cc instead of the normal 85. Not that it makes any difference that I have noticed. ;) The cylinder was re-bored and chromed back a number years ago buy an outfit in Missouri. They supplied a new slightly over sized piston also. To bad they don't have them available any more. I bought that kit from a fellow member here, from Mo. by the way, when I rebuilt that saw. My original bad, from moisture corrosion.

Gregg,

Ps-3410 and my pioneer 650. Pics soon.

I would like me a p62 sometime....

Back