My sons feedback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Refresh, I gave my son a new Husqvarna 460 rancher to replace his wild thing he was using to cut dead falls on my land. The boy couldn’t thank me enough, soon after I gave him a good running 570. For his birthday he was given a new 390xp. He cut a very large tree with a 36” bar. He told me yesterday there’s nothing like cutting with a big cc powerhead. Once you cut with a big one you don’t want to use anything else. He’s new to bigger cc powerheads.

Cool gifts for the boy.

Big saws definitely have their place but if I could run something thats a couple pounds lighter even though it cut slower i can be more productive and less tired at the end of the day.

Takes all kinda though [emoji1303][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

My boys go to the gym too. There young like I was once. I like bigger cc powerheads to this day. I don’t like waiting for a saw to cut. As I got older I did run the 266se more on the smaller diameter trees. I’m going to let him run a 372xp next.

My boys go to the gym too. There young like I was once. I like bigger cc powerheads to this day. I don’t like waiting for a saw to cut. As I got older I did run the 266se more on the smaller diameter trees. I’m going to let him run a 372xp next.

I got to the gym 4-5 days a week too...

It definitely helps a lot. But running the 385 all day or the 3120 sometimes kicks my butt. Super fun though.

Refresh, I gave my son a new Husqvarna 460 rancher to replace his wild thing he was using to cut dead falls on my land. The boy couldn’t thank me enough, soon after I gave him a good running 570. For his birthday he was given a new 390xp. He cut a very large tree with a 36” bar. He told me yesterday there’s nothing like cutting with a big cc powerhead. Once you cut with a big one you don’t want to use anything else. He’s new to bigger cc powerheads.
I hope you gave him chaps, and a lesson or three on how big saws can hurt you.

Edit: I only cut myself a couple times growing up. Once on my thigh that could have been bad, it only took my pants and a bit of skin.

I got a little 50cc mutt of a saw from huskihI a few weeks ago that is ported with a bit larger carb and I think that thing with an 18” is more dangerous than my bigger saws.

Very snappy.

Gonna let an
How young are your sons Bill? you are 70 years old.

I hope you gave him chaps, and a lesson or three on how big saws can hurt you.

Edit: I only cut myself a couple times growing up. Once on my thigh that could have been bad, it only took my pants and a bit of skin.

I purchased them both all the safety cutting gear from helmets, saw gloves, chaps, they have it all. I told them to go easy with the bigger saws. My oldest son has run my 266 since he was 14 yo.

When I hit tough times my kids helped me out. I never charged them rent as long as they saved there money. I wanted to give them a head start on life. Now they both cut wood so I help them out with there needs. My sone with the 385xp came with a 36” bar, I just gave him a 24” bar with five chain loops. I’m glad I’m in position to help them now.

Latest posts

Back