My used and abused 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
346/357 shootout. fer amusement..posted here before

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKeLbKVq7-8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CKeLbKVq7-8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Seen the video before. Maybe i am just being too hard on the husky. I have given the chain a good going over so i am going to see if that makes any difference. It doesn't run bad or anything, don't get me wrong, it cuts, but the way everyone rates them on here i must have hoped too much. lol. I guess at the end of the day it is 50cc's and i am probably wanting it to cut like a 70cc saw. It is very comfortable when using it for what we do. It is nimble and peppy when limbing and clearing etc. I just think it goes off when cross cutting and cutting firewood. Would definately rather use the 260 when doing this type of work and then the 346 for 'pruning'

:blob2:

Seen the video before. Maybe i am just being too hard on the husky. I have given the chain a good going over so i am going to see if that makes any difference. It doesn't run bad or anything, don't get me wrong, it cuts, but the way everyone rates them on here i must have hoped too much. lol. I guess at the end of the day it is 50cc's and i am probably wanting it to cut like a 70cc saw. It is very comfortable when using it for what we do. It is nimble and peppy when limbing and clearing etc. I just think it goes off when cross cutting and cutting firewood. Would definately rather use the 260 when doing this type of work and then the 346 for 'pruning'

:blob2:

That's the kicker right there, stock it wasn't enough for me bucking. Ported it's still a little saw, impressive though and good in the buck. The hype is just that, the rolling thunder you hear is the hype for the 261 coming down the rails. Maybe deserved for 50cc, but still 50cc.

Last edited:
Thought i would give my 346 a little love today to see if i could get it to love me back. I haven't fell in love with the 346 like many others have on here, It hasn't performed as well for me as many other members report. Gave it the once over, cleaned all the gunk out, sharpened the chain and took a few pics with my phone.

Hey, if you don't want it, i'll take it :)

That's the kicker right there, stock it wasn't enough for me bucking. Ported it's still a little saw, impressive though and good in the buck. The hype is just that, the rolling thunder you here is the hype for the 261 coming down the rails. Maybe deserved for 50cc, but still 50cc.

A 50cc saw will always be just that, a 50cc saw - a 60cc saw is a different animal!

Anyway, if a 346xp doesn't seriously outperform a MS260 (even an Euro one - big difference from a US one), something is wrong!

A 50cc saw will always be just that, a 50cc saw - a 60cc saw is a different animal!

Anyway, if a 346xp doesn't seriously outperform a MS260 (even an Euro one - big difference from a US one), something is wrong!

I told the OP that a while back ;)

Latest posts

Back