Mystery J-red, need ID help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A friend gave me a J-red, missing the top shroud, clutch cover, and decal on the started housing, no identifying marks. Wasn't that interested until I tore it down, and found all the vitals are in good condition, and the piston tapes out at 54mm.

So this is what I got: 54mm piston and SN is 2326000.

If you can ID it, the next question is, are parts easily available, and is there a husky equivalent? I don't usually fool with non-work saws, but I always kind of wanted a red saw (not to common around here).

Thanks in advance, enjoy the weekend - Sam

Sam- a 54mm piston could be a 2186, 90, 910E, 920, 930, or a 2083. I'm guessing it's one of those?

Thanks Jacob, the wife just got home with her digital camera, so I will try and get some pics up shortly - Sam

I'm not the best with pics, so we'll see if this works, hopefully pics are attached - Sam

Okay, that's a good starting point, thanks to both of you. Sorry for the small pics, I'm a bit technologically inept - Sam

Gave it another go, these should be a little easier to view, hopefully! - Thanks - Sam

Latest posts

Back