Need 031ave seal and bearing options.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltonranger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Have not yet torn down my 031AV that had the loose muffler. But have been mulling what I know so far
1. Muffler flange was broken and muffler loose. That affected running for sure.
2. With top cover off I was able to ever so slightly move flywheel up and down and feel a click. Not sure if this was bearing or flywheel rocking on shaft. May need bearing, seal, both or none. Haven't vac/pressure tested yet. Loaned my tester. Haven't got back yet.
3. This one is interesting. Looking at piston through the head I see some lines on the piston that appear very slight. I see some very small hairs of metal above the ring that may overlap a little. I will try to get a pic of this. Now I know this sounds like a scored piston but it does not look like any photo examples I've seen here on AS. The curious part is that this saw has 155# compression (cold).
SO
I'm thinking of seals. Or seals and bearings. Or maybe add rings to this. Or maybe piston, rings,seals,bearings.

But 155# ?

Remember this was the saw with the weird vibration?
I'm wondering if this was because the piston was beginning to stick in the top of the bore.

I'd at least like to source bearings and seals. Anyone know where to get AM bearings or a workaround ?

Ever run into good compression with a piston beginning to score?
I know...I know... WORTHLESS WITHOUT PHOTOS!
I'll get some when I'm back at home.

So in the meantime what do you all think?
-br

Latest posts

Back