need a guide bar cover-echo cs3000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennertree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
need the guide bar cover that has the screw type chain tensioner, the oregon intenz system isnt working well for me. if you've evr had expierence with the intenz bars im sure you know what im talking about. any suggestions will help, thanks alot guys. Zack

Kennertree,
Does your Echo have studs (to secure the bar and saw cover) with a shoulder that sticks up just a little above the saw pad?

yep, sure does. i think i read a thread on this. when you tension the chain, the metal peice that makes the chain tight on the intenz bar rides on top of that little shoulder and causes the bar not to be flat on the saw. i just bought an echo 300 with the screw type chain tensioner off of ebay. im gonna get the part number off of it and order the tensioner or when i want to use one saw or the other i'll just switch them out.

I believe I have a tensioner here, if you want it. Just let me know, and I'll ship it to you. I'm pretty sure it'll fit, not positive though. Found it a few days ago, while I was digging through a pile of other crap in the shop.

Kennertree,
Were the problems you had with the Intenz bar from the shoulder on the saw pad stud or was it something else?

the biggest problem i had was i couldnt get the chain just right. i'd tighten it up a bit, then after running the saw it would go way loose, so i'd tighten it up again. then i'd run it for a little while then it would be too tight. so i'd loosen it up a bit and it would be good for a few cuts then get real loose again. it seems like that bar doesnt work good with the oiler. maybe the oil flows out through the back of the bar causing poor lubrication. it just never seems to be right even if its a new bar and chain. it gets really frustrating when your up in a tree and you have to keep lowering your saw down and pulling it back up every few cuts, or having to adjust it in the tree with the t-wrench, either way isnt very pleasent.

The issue I can see with intenz bars is that they wear out really fast because of the chain getting so loose and beating the crap out of the area just behind the nose on the bar.

hey yea, those intenz bars are for the birds! We'd gotten a couple saws w/ those on them and I quickly added the screw tensioner. It went on the inside behind the bar.

The one Im currently useing though, the screw IS on the sprocket cover, however, there is still the slot behind the bar for one.

Kennertree,
The problems you discuss sound like they stem from two areas. One is the shoulder on the Echo saw studs. The shoulders make it difficult to correctly position the "rack" (the internal part that pushes on the stud) on the stud. The rack usually slips over the shoulder onto the threaded portion of the stud. When the saw cover is put on it is cocked and does not properly seal the bar to the saw pad, oil leaks and the bar slips. Echo had agreed to change the saw stud by removing the shoulder for saws using the Intenz bars. I can see by this thread and several new Echo saws (just checked them out after seeing your comments) in our test lab that they have not followed through with the change. I asked our OEM manager to discuss this during the next meeting with Echo. Thanks for the input.

The second issue is the click that you feel as you tension the chain. You do not have to stop the tenioning on a click. Sometimes the clicks are too far apart and you either get the chain too tight or too loose. The rack and pinion system inside the bar has a special feature you can not see. There is a "Wedge Lock" feature that lets you stop between clicks and the tension will remain on the chain so you can secure the stud nuts. Check out the inside of the Intenz bars at: http://www.oregonchain.com/pdf/Bars/IntenzBarsF_B0601.pdf

I've spent many hours in trees trimming branches, I know the hassels and frustration when you properly prepare the equipment on the ground and then it quits working in the tree. Thanks again for your comments!

no problem oregon. when i tighten my chain i usually tighten when its not on a click, i get it pretty tight then tighten up the bolts. one problem i noticed is that you really have to tighten the bolts or the bar will slide back and and the chain go loose because its not in a click. does echo have the bar studs without the shoulder on them? if they do, do you know the part #?

I'm sorry but I don't know if they have studs without shoulders. I expect the bar cover and stud nuts would also have to be replaced because the threaded portion of the stud would be about as large as the shoulder.

Back