Need a Little Echo cs-360T help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vw_motorsports

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know the initial carb settings for a cs-360t? I tried +1L, +1H won't run. The only way I can get the saw to run is to open the jets to 2 1/4L, and 2 1/2H. That seems to be quite a few turns for a stock saw.

thanks

Many small carbs are two turns instead of 1 turn

Adjust the saw mixtures to where it runs correctly

Many small carbs are two turns instead of 1 turn

Adjust the saw mixtures to where it runs correctly

thanks for the tip...I remember some small poulans are 2 turn. The echo 3000-3400 series saws the L is 1 1/4, H 1 1/2 so I assumed that setting might be close to that..even though the engine designs are different.

The problem with this particular is it has a "soft" rev limiter coil, once the saw hits it's max rpm it slowly cuts back the rpms...so it feels/sounds like it's 4-stroking but it actually isn't.

Last edited:
The initial settings are 2-1/2 turns out for both Hi and Lo needles. Idle speed is 2400-2600 RPM, WOT is 13000-14000 RPM.

The initial settings are 2-1/2 turns out for both Hi and Lo needles. Idle speed is 2400-2600 RPM, WOT is 13000-14000 RPM.

thank you very much!! :clap: I'm glad I wasn't too far off, and a muffler mod is definitely in order, just taking the muffler deflector off made a big difference.

I am not sure of the carb settings, but i just performed a muffler mod to my 360T. All i can say is Wow.

I was having a issue with the saw stalling out after i would make a cut and it idled down. Then i would start the saw and it would not stay running. My first thought was that the the carb need to be adjusted, that wasn't the case it continued to do the same thing. I read about the muffler mods, so I decided to do one for this saw and it really has helped. I haven't had an issue since, and I am going to mod the mufflers on all of my saws.

One thing I like about the muffler mod is it makes my 360T sound like the CS-302 I have, to me it sounds like a real saw now.

The dumpster is a bit of a waste though, down here we use Echos to build artificial reefs and occasional landfill, that way they become of some use. Remove the bars first before throwing overboard, even though the bars are the soft and cheesy Echo brand, you can flick them off cheap to someone gullible. That way you can usually cover costs on the boat trip

Been running my muffler modded CS-360T now for several years, and it still hasn't developed a "death rattle". One job we did with it last year had over 70 trees and LOTS of limbing. We turned Nathan loose with the CS-360T, and he ran it just about continuously for 2 days and it never grumbled once. Man it's nice to know how to set a carburetor so you don't burn up your saw on the first outing. I was told by the source above that Echo's were junk and they wouldn't hold up long.

All of mine are running strong and dead solid reliable, for quite a few years now.....CliffView attachment 196877

Back