Need a new small side kick saw. Opinions wanted!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never used a 211. if the 211 is 280 and the ms 250c is 299...is there a reason for going ms 211? is it any more reliable or beneficial? still kinda more than i wanted to spend...but maybe i can do a side job to make the differnece. lol i do like the idea of the 011 or 012 jug and piston i do love my 009.

When your at the local shop take a look at an Echo 520. They weight in around 12 pounds ready to go with an 18 inch bar. You should be able to find a deal on one too with their new 530 out now. Good little 50cc unit that wont tire you out. If you start using one I think you will be amazed how fast it will become one of your most used saws.

Best wishes,
Bob

Greetings sisxpeed042 -

Definitely take a look at the Husky 435 . . . like the Stihl 211, it's a well thought-of saw. Besides, it cuts like crazy and is nice and light.

Al :cheers:

Here's the saw you need....MS260 pro....

If you do alot of cutting you wont be happy with homeowner saw...ask me how I know this.......Ok, I have a ms250 and it does not compare to the professional series saw's like the ms260 pro.

IMG_0346.jpg

I'd like to stay under $250 price wise. I want 35-45cc or anything over 2.2hp
and a 16 or 18" bar. I'm open to all suggestions... but so far this is what i have come accross
-jonsered 2036 and comparables
-efco 3700 (menards has them on sale for 179 right now)
-stihl ms 180
-husky 235 or 240
-echo cs 370

thanks! please let me know of any suggestions or experience with any of these or other comparables.

Since noone wrote about the efco I will.

I've got a green efco, JD CS 62, which I won here, and an MT3600.
The 3600 runs well (throw away the safety chain), but seems "touchy" when trying to start hot. It could be my fault since I tried tuning it prior to getting a tach.
For $179 the 3700 is probably worth it.

I use a Stihl 011 AV for what you are talking about. I have two usable and one parts saw. It's not as fancy as some of the saws mentioned, and does have a bunch of plastic, but it is light, has good power. The main one I use has a 16" bar that is nice for reaching. Oh, and I got it for $10 at an estate auction.
The other usable I got for $65. Main thing to be wary of is if the oiler is functional or not. My parts saw is an 011 AVT. I'm not as keen on the top handle for what I use it for.

Hmmm. . . .

If you do alot of cutting you wont be happy with homeowner saw...ask me how I know this.......Ok, I have a ms250 and it does not compare to the professional series saw's like the ms260 pro.

QUOTE]
I'm not sure but I don't think the 260 quite fits the $250 budget!!! (Nice saw though)

Al :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

QUOTE]
I'm not sure but I don't think the 260 quite fits the $250 budget!!! (Nice saw though)

Al :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

No,

But a really good running 026 would fit NICELY in there.
P.M. me if you are interested.

Mike

well, i think i might have solved my problem, with much compromise of course.

wife bought me a 009L to replace the 009...and a gym membership to hadle the bigger saws for longer:greenchainsaw:

i like my lil PS460 Dolmar. bought it to go with the 6401 i got from CL.

and i could always pop for the 510 top end if the 460 goes south.

Back