Need a Stihl MS 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manual said:
Look I never said that the 361 is a bad saw. Never will.
Huskys 357xp is a good saw too. try to give credit to something else other then Sthil. some peoples opinions are too bias.

Thall maybe your customers are going some place else to get repair service.
I find it hard to believe you have done no repairs on a 361.

Beleive it or not it be true. Have yet to have one come back for repair. Just because your bias to J'Red and Husky doesn't mean the 361 needs repair all the time, it doesn't. Its one helluva good saw, gotcha,lol

:ices_rofl: You men crack me up......I can feel the obsession coming on :blush: I am a newbie with chainsaws and have learned a ton from many hours of reading here on this awesome form :clap: I must admit to being guilty of just taking out "big Brutus" into my back yard a few times just to fire it up just to listen to it :chainsaw: Is this early symtoms of the desease? I also have been to Husky, Jred, Shindaiwa, and Dolmar sites since my purchase and have read about all the saws in the 50cc and above range :rolleyes: That Dolmar 5100S sounds very interesting.....LOL! I guess window shopping after midnight complete with flashlight and my nose pressed against the dealers window are in the near future eh? I just worry that I will be waking up soon next to my MS 361 some day with my girlfriend sleeping in the garage :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Another one bites the dust! Seriously though good choice...If I have some time I'll post some pictures...that is if I can figure out how to???

fishhuntcutwood said:
Hey talon, as your chainsaw collection grows and it likely will, and you buy a 440, 441, 460 or 660, what are you going to call them if the 361 is "Big Brutus?" :)

Better start coming up with bigger names.... :rock:
Great question fishhuntcutwood :rockn: Anything bigger than my MS 361 will be called "Gigantour" :rock: How is that one :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
fishhuntcutwood said:
I've actually been known to give my saws women's names. My 056 MII is "Kathy" and my 361 is "Andi."

They're both long stories...
OK.......Jeff :D Wonder what you call your 660? Hope it is not Bertha..... LOL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Last edited:
THALL10326 said:
Beleive it or not it be true. Have yet to have one come back for repair. Just because your bias to J'Red and Husky doesn't mean the 361 needs repair all the time, it doesn't. Its one helluva good saw, gotcha,lol
Dude I own a Sthil.

rahtreelimbs said:
Somewhere in this thread the Husky 357 was mentioned along with the Stihl MS361. I have much more time on these saws modded, but stock the are very comparable performance wise.

Just comes down to price, dealer support or if your undies are solid orange or orange and white!!!
You Know you are right.
Talon asked a question and I answered him and all of the sudden a back of wolfs came from no where and started to Knip me at the heels.

manual said:
You Know you are right.
Talon asked a question and I answered him and all of the sudden a back of wolfs came from no where and started to Knip me at the heels.

What's a "back of wolfs" and a "knip"?:hmm3grin2orange: Something to eat?

[/QUOTE] What's a "back of wolfs" and a "knip"? Something to eat? [/QUOTE] Damn that was funny :hmm3grin2orange: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon

Ok......here is a real question? I noticed today on "Big Brutus" MS 361 that there is no handle bar warmer switch :angry: Was this an option? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Lakeside53 said:
What's a "back of wolfs" and a "knip"?:hmm3grin2orange: Something to eat?
Sorry I forgot about the lone wolf in the background.:bang:
That would be A PACK of wolfs starting to NIP me in the heels. GRRRRRR

Back