Need help with Poulan 2300, replaced cylinder base gasket and piston ring still wont stay running.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can't get the carb working, you can try a MS180 carb. Costs ~$8 in AM clone. Drill new hole for throttle link rod. Grind head of Idle screw to smaller diameter and shorten head, so screw doesn't hit top cover. Or you could cut screw threads shorter, make a new taper and cut spring in half.

I would try cleaning the carb first and maybe putting a kit in it. I've always had the best results by disassembling it, dipping it in carb cleaner then blowing it off with compressed air. Don't dip the little inlet spring, just set it aside for re-assembly.

I dont think it has an impulse, I dont know what one is really but I only saw one line

I think the carb is clean i sprayed it out with seafoam spray while running the throttle. Could be an air leak, I didnt change the crank case gasket.

It has a direct impulse = no hose. Hole in intake adapter lines up with hole in carb. I have an oil cap for a 2300 - Type 3. Types 1 and 2 show different #. And have a filter/pickup. I'll PM you.

Back