Neighbor Took Half Cord - No Pay - VENT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someday I'll tell the story about the potheads that crashed my old frontyard in daddys SUV and the angry homeowner who went to lockup for the night...or the way my wife tells it "bloody knuckles in cuffs"
There's a story I'd like to hear!!
I think I may understand (a bit too much).

That's not a good sign. "You're" is a contraction for "you are." It should be "your."
Ahh, the current state of government run public schools....

Anyway, Cambium keep us posted on what happens. Just keep saying to yourself, "What would Avalancher do?" and you'll (which is a contraction for 'you will') have a story to tell your grandchildren. :)

You missed "a head" instead of "ahead". :)

Ian
LOL, I didn't make the sign.

Get a big dog, Tom Trees

LadySmaller.jpg

Whoops, Wood Doctor.

Yeah, a big dog that eats 3 inch shells as fast as you can rack the slide.

I would put up some type of sign warning of bodily harm to trespassers.....that way they have been warned. And get some type of perimeter defense.....

EDIT: I am not a violent person, but it doesn't hurt to make some people wonder. One of the guys at NMC WOLLARD thought I was nuts......don't know why, all I had was a FAKE "half stick".......I walked up to him and lit it.......then he dove under a 20,000lb truck and hollered something about being nuts and to get rid of it.....the boss came out and asked what all the hollering was about and he crawled out and said something about a big bug or something...... He was one who always played nasty jokes....he has been nice since.

Last edited:
There's a story I'd like to hear!!
I think I may understand (a bit too much).

I won't tell it all yet but, I will say it was an expensive lesson and an eye opener. I'm saving it because it is a gem.
It involves 2 smartmouth potheads doing 75 in a posted 30.
A fire hydrant, an SUV, an AK, police, fire rescue, chains, ruined landscaping, scared neighbors and a tow truck.
I learned that I belong in the country where I live now and to not try to detain criminals. They learned to not make an older man angry in the middle of the night because he can and will break your face and feed your cell phones to both of you.

A neighbor of mine had a 4X8 sheet of plywood for a sign that said trespassers will be barbecued. I assume alive but I never asked.

Cambium, you should have never allowed this person on your property or had any dealings with him. If you hadn't this wouldn't have happened. I don't talk to my neighbors for a reason. They only look for reasons to complain or intrude, or borrow and never return. When I first moved I my house, I noticed my neighbors had stolen some rounds I'd had on the ground. The footprint a round leaves after it's been on the ground a while is unmistakeable. What was more unmistakeable was the charred rounds in their gay little firepit. Without any words, I waited till they were in their backyard and picked up the remaining rounds by hand and threw them to the other side of the yard. They said nothing and watched as I tarped and bricked my piles. Then I installed the no trespassing sign as they watched. The next move is theirs. I'm a man with nothing to lose.

Sad thing is becuase he is the way he is, he can probably afford it more then you can. I would charge him the same as anyone else. What makes him better then the Americans living next door that his cheap ass deserves to get a better deal?

LOL Great posts guys. That price is just for neighbors only. lol

So no money Sunday.

Yesterday afternoon I walked onto his property. I looked underneath the tarp, took a look at the wood he took and I split, and walked back to my property.

Last night 9pm his wife came over with an envelope. $40 cash. Said he had left it for her at lunch time and forgot.

I take back what I said but they are up front money from now on.

P.S - Does it matter they are Haitian? Not to me.

Did wife see you walking on to the property? May have prompted her to ask her husband why you were looking at the wood pile?

Good to hear you got $$ without causing a ruccous. Not worth it for a few bucks, but the cash up front deal is a good one to stick to. Saves a lot of hard feelings and angst.

Did wife see you walking on to the property? May have prompted her to ask her husband why you were looking at the wood pile?

Good to hear you got $$ without causing a ruccous. Not worth it for a few bucks, but the cash up front deal is a good one to stick to. Saves a lot of hard feelings and angst.

Its possible. Shades were open. I think standing on street starring into their house did it too. LOL My Italian blood was boiling and it's not just for $40...Half cord = $125 BUT the fact that he came and took it without paying bothered me.

Today would have been the day I took the wood back. lol

Now he's on my good side. He won't hear beef from me.

Its possible. Shades were open. I think standing on street starring into their house did it too. LOL My Italian blood was boiling and it's not just for $40...Half cord = $125 BUT the fact that he came and took it without paying bothered me.

Today would have been the day I took the wood back. lol

I don't know how he could be on your good side, but if it works for you - :cheers:

How many of you guys "mark" your wood?
If we could smell a scent, like a dog, peeing on it would be ok, but if you took a squirt gun and some dye or a spray can of paint that would further establish it was your wood.

I believe you. I'm sure he won't hear anything from you.

I'm also sure you will hear from him again, in just the same way.

Just don't come crying here when the inevitable happens.

How many of you guys "mark" your wood?
If we could smell a scent, like a dog, peeing on it would be ok, but if you took a squirt gun and some dye or a spray can of paint that would further establish it was your wood.

I have never marked firewood, except with a pile # on a stack for sale, I did know of a warped individual known as madman Piwko, who, it was rumored loaded a log with shotshells, I always suspected it was just a story he put out there so Noone lifted any of his wood. As far as I know the story worked, probably because he was a cabinetmaker and had the skills to do such a thing.

A small bottle of skunk scent can be a universal problem solver, when placed in the right spot anyway ;)

Be warned though, it can lead to down on the floor, rib splitting laughter..... which is easy worth $40.

Back