Neighbor Took Half Cord - No Pay - VENT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skunk scent also works wonders for those cats and dogs that the neighbors let loose to roam all over your property. A few dabs on the critter and send them home. The owners get the message pretty quickly. I of course know nothing of this.

Might work good with some neighbors but not mine... (same ones that get drunk and I fear they'll burn a bunch of my firewood), usually, on the same nights they're drunk around the firepit, their dog is running loose and manages to find a skunk in the area. This dog has gotten sprayed at least 5 different times. No educating the neighbors or the dog :confused:

Last edited:
Get a good dog. Maybe about 3lbs that makes a lot of noise. It is hard to tell the cop his poodle caused me harm.

Skunk scent also works wonders for those cats and dogs...Get one of these branding irons with your name and phone number on it. Brand a few pieces of wood

You do know Curlcherry someone, somewhere is going to get that confused in their mind and spray the woodpile with skunk scent and send a branded dog home...

I feed all the neighbors/wild animals around here, I figure just because their owners are rejects, the animals should not suffer, I have even become attached to a neighbors yellow lab that likes to sleep in my shop. As far as the neighbors stealing wood etc, I have not had the problem here but, at the place where I do my wooding, anything not nailed down is gone...like the motor on my splitter.

It might be the best thing to do though.....

spray the woodpile with skunk scent and send a branded dog home.....at least you would be able to prove the dog is yours when they call the police!!!:dizzy:
and nobody would EVER touch your wood pile....

A neighbor of mine had a 4X8 sheet of plywood for a sign that said trespassers will be barbecued. I assume alive but I never asked.

I have a sign on my gasoline barrel made after i noticed some of it was missing since it is never locked since it can be accessed from the top anyway....it reads "attention gas thieves, anyone found here in the night will be found here in the morning. I may regret it in the morning but you will be just as dead" Havent had a problem since.

8x10Gun.JPG

be carefull. even posting signs warning of harm can be taken as a threat and come back on you as intent. sucks but this is the new ,kinder geberation.

I have "trespassers will be shot on sight" signs at my front gate, they have been there for almost a year....oops

My wife always says no good deed goes unpunished.
Sneak over his house in the summer with a bottle of round up and write what you think of him in his lawn.

Latest posts

Back