Neighbor Took Half Cord - No Pay - VENT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you just need a good sign

9mm_Gun_Security_Joke_Novelty_Signs.jpg

Tonight I thought a heard a truck. I look at my cameras on the tv and there he was getting the pile of wood and putting it in his truck.

I would have been on that truck and tossing the wood off in a flash.

1. Talk with the local police...get "advice" . Tell them about #2.
2. Call the gibone, tell him if no money by 4 PM, you will be retrieving your property @ 4:01 PM.
3. Notify the police.
4. Get the wood with helpers and video (yes, it's a PITA ).
5. Enjoy your favorite beverage following the mission.

Good luck, and inform AS.

It is stealing. Unacceptable anywhere, anytime, any nationality.

Confront him in front of his wife.

If you go onto his property, I would not go alone. Worse than 'he said, she said' is 'you said, they said' regardless of the stories, they have witness.

and, taking back 'your' wood from his property is considered theft, by you.

small claims court is an easy win, but almost impossible to collect. but i think worth it just to have a judgment on his record for sometime down the road when it finally bites him.

I'd go over one more time, with my witness with, try to collect, but more importantly to clearly put ihim on notice of no more wood sale, and stay off my property. Then follow it up with a registered letter.

It's not worth the hassle for this sale of wood, I am thinking preparing paper trail for the next situation in the future.

ultiimately, he has to live with his own reputation. lot of people that doesn't bother them in the least......

k

My grand dad always said.

If you loan someone 200.00 bucks and never see him again it was most likely worth it. Just make sure you never see or talk to him again.

Korey

kevin and mdotis are both correct confront him send registered mail and look at it like this for 30 bux he is out of your life let his :censored: freeze I have the same situation helped out an unemployed guy he used to work for my dad let him take a face cord of 2 year old dry oak 2 weeks before christmas now I havnt heard from the guy since I got him out my life for 60 bucks You got off cheap look at it that way Cheer up it can always be worse

Your a really nice person. If someone needs help I also try to help them. This though sounds like he pulls it a lot of this on others also. It looks like you knew he was like this and let him rape you. I would choke it up as experience and not allow him on your property again. You see him loading wood call the cops.

Freudian slip??

Mike

I'll help those that can't help theirselves, like the elderly, the sick, widows but an A hole like that I wouldn't have let him have any wood in the first place.

When he pays, if he does, tell him no more in the future period, find somewhere else to get his wood. I had a similar situation with a neighbor last year on hay, took 6 months to get my money, it was substantially more, this year when he wanted to buy hay, I told him that he needed to find someone else to provide it to him, last week when the snow and ice were on he called wanting a couple of round bales for his horses, told him I didn't have any for sale, he says " You've got lots sitting down there in the barn, I replied "sure do and I need everyone of them". I think he finally got the message.

People like him are lower than septic waste. More than likely he has the money in his pocket.

I couldn't agree more. Bet the guy had the money right there in his pocket but pushed you to see if he needed to pay for it. It's real hard to get small sums of money after you loose possession of the product for sale. Write that one up to a bad debt and don't mess with the guy anymore.

Sounds like one of those "Amewicans bad at bidniss... Make me raugh out roud!" folks...

You don't have to travel to too many countries to find that screwing anybody who will let you (and some who won't) is commonly accepted social practice in a lot of places... Southern Asia, Africa, South America...

Mike

The only good thing about a person like that is when they owe you money you probably won't see them for a long long time.

Cam,
You got a better deal than I get from my brother. He only gives 2 6-paks of XX beer for a long-bed pick up truck load of wood--seasoned to boot.

Whatever you do, keep in mind his proximity to your home and the fact that you cannot watch him 24/7. I say just get any future money upfront and Jack up the price.
Remember, there really is no equal treatment under the law and the agressor goes to the lockup. I know, someday I'll tell the story about the potheads that crashed my old frontyard in daddys SUV and the angry homeowner who went to lockup for the night...or the way my wife tells it "bloody knuckles in cuffs"

Maybe you just need a good sign

9mm_Gun_Security_Joke_Novelty_Signs.jpg

That's not a good sign. "You're" is a contraction for "you are." It should be "your."
Ahh, the current state of government run public schools....

Anyway, Cambium keep us posted on what happens. Just keep saying to yourself, "What would Avalancher do?" and you'll (which is a contraction for 'you will') have a story to tell your grandchildren. :)

Back