Neighbor Took Half Cord - No Pay - VENT!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
, Yup you know us arkies are famous for not wearin shoes, Here's my pair to prove we do.

strange-shoes.jpg

uh, all that pic does is prove that you're not wearing shoes. :D

... and what's with the pic being cut off? are there no toes on those shoes? lol

Those phoney shoes remind me of the "Bigfoot" feet I made out of plywood in the late 70's, everyone was all jacked up about Bigfoot sightings and I decided to fan the flames by stomping around the old neighborhood with these things on, the tracks in the snow were perfect, a little too good, one of the neighbors called the news station, my secret was saved by some fresh snow.
Might be time to make a new set...

Stealing firewood

heck I would have all ready done it.
Where I live this is the time the stealing of FW starts. I had a trailer load setting in the yard to split I am less than a hundred feet from it and two clowns back up and was hooking my trailer to there truck when I said can I Help you. The one out side said the blank is home they drove off. I got cameras on my yard buildings. I found the side cut out of one bag and it about half of it gone. That's when the cameras went up. The area I live in seasonal FW sellers have degraded the fire wood people with there promises. Short loads green. I get a lot of there customers do to that my wood is high I treat my customers like princes. But I only sell bundled firewood. The react is suppose to start checking firewood load for true ranks. I heard a guy at the cafe say if you pull up with a load and see a guy with green suit and yellow bage better get out of there it a $2000.00 fine and maybe time to. You can not get a rank of green tossed FW in a Ford Ranger with a 4 to 6 ft bed. They say the can I got one and tried and the bumper hitch touch the ground. Later

Trust

A small bottle of skunk scent can be a universal problem solver, when placed in the right spot anyway ;)

Be warned though, it can lead to down on the floor, rib splitting laughter..... which is easy worth $40.
I have about 20 customers on consignment. I give them a bag of 50 bundles when it sells to there manor for $5.00 I get $2.50 and they keep $2.50 never have lost a dime. One lady told me she had to pay here light bill I said ok the next 50 bundles she give me all the money. It just depends on who you deal with. I go to the cafe I always got my truck full. Some body will say I am going to get five bundles. They grab them it might be a month but I get my money. Later

I run into this kind of crap once in a while just trying to be a good guy.
All i would do in this situation is tell him next time that you no longer are in the firewood business and do not sell it anymore.
Or you have a 2 cord minimum cash up front. Firewood is too hard of work to give away. Hopefully this will keep him from coming back.

Last year i let a friend borrow my trailer to move some hay, he got his hay that day and left my $3000.00 trailer parked out front by the highway.
Not locked or anyone around to look after it. I was expecting it to be returned back to my place of course. Well after 5-6 days of sitting there unattended i went and got it. Never said a word to him about it. I was curious how long it would take to realize my trailer was gone. Well 3-4 days later he calls "dude, did you pick up your trailer?" UUUUhh no! He was ####tin' bricks for a day until i finally told him i did not appreciate my investment sitting there asking to be stolen. He has not since asked to borrow it.

A guy i work with is constantly borrowing tools, never once has he returned it until i ask for it back. Then its always "oh yeah i forgot about it"

If i ever borrow anything or owe someone for a job it bugs me to no end until i square up with them.

Some people!

Last edited:
I love these threads. Don't know why. Better to be prepared, I guess, for all the possibilities.

We've had no trouble, yet. Of course, I sit out on the back porch every new years with about 100 rounds of 45acp and a bottle of scotch. Just a reminder to all those neighbors who think they want something of mine.

I also have been known to fire off one rifle shot around 2 or 3am. When asked about it, I get my eyes really big, pause for effect, look at the ground, then say "I don't know what your talking about."

P.S - Does it matter they are Haitian? Not to me.

it sure seemed like it mattered in your opening post when you were all riled up

what the hell is an american anyway? someone who was born here by parents who were both born here as well? i guess im not american either :(
somewhere along the line you must realize .. someones parents parents parents, were born somewhere else
none of us are american, we are children of the stars :)

Back