New 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw this on the bay the other day with a buy now price or make an offer so I made an offer trying to get it at a good price then thought about it and all the good deals I passed up on and about an hour later I pulled the trigger, I've wanted one of these for a while and not many come by this clean. I'll give it a good cleaning and fire it up tomorrow.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Wow, that's almost a new saw. Very nice!
Yeah it looks to be a jewel,,, the paint on the front crankcase halves is not hardly blemished, lets have a close up pix of the piston rings and lower skirt area through the exhaust port,,, that will confirm Bad brads assessment... I am inclined to agree!!!! Jusr sayin

Yeah the paint on the front crankcase halves is not hardly blemished, lets have a close up pix of the piston rings and lower skirt area through the exhaust port,,, that will confirm Bad brads assessment... I am inclined to agree!!!! Jusr sayin

Yeah, the muff is more worn than the paint?.

Lots of people are painting cases nowadays. I have a can of paint myself. Although I have never used it, I thought about it.

Thats a clean 044, to be an early non decomp model.

Lots of people are painting cases nowadays. I have a can of paint myself. Although I have never used it, I thought about it.

Yeah That's why I wanted to see the piston/rings/skirt

Nice looking saw, and don't forget to put a HD-2 filter on to go along with that dual port cover, the "in" has to match the "out". My saw, with a ZAMA carb, works great with the tune set at 1 & 1/8 for both screws instead of 1 turn out for both with the modifications.

I notice that most 044s (and 440s) have side skirts on the air filter cover that my saw does not have. Anyone know when they added that feature? I don't think the 10 mm saws have that.

Yea not much wear on the muffler actually it just seemed to discolor that way cause the back half is still black, I thought it might have been switched but it has the stihl stamp , maybe just a bad batch of paint from the factory. And it's definitely a low hour saw with a little use, some of the paint on the bottom is worn.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back