New 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not cut with it yet, been running the 661. The 044 needs a carb kit, does not seem to like to idle. Gas smelled OK (I've smelled worse) but I dumped it anyways and put in fresh. Just have not had the time to fool with it. But other then that I like it. :)

If U R limited on time, I got a carb through Huztl for $18 shipped. It had the snorkel, but you can just put a filter over it and it works just fine. The carb even says ZAMA on it, so it may be the same you you pay much more for thought the dealer. Considering the time it takes to rebuild, I think it was a deal!

If U R limited on time, I got a carb through Huztl for $18 shipped. It had the snorkel, but you can just put a filter over it and it works just fine. The carb even says ZAMA on it, so it may be the same you you pay much more for thought the dealer. Considering the time it takes to rebuild, I think it was a deal!
You can just swap the top covers as well.

The 044 came today! It has Definately been painted, which I figured. Straight fin cylinder, and serial number of 391..... So it's a 12 mm. Which is ok also, this saw was bought to sell to a friend of mine. So a little muffler and cylinder work and away it will go

I just got a 10mm 044. Serial # 122...

It has lived with an 18" ,3/8 b&c. Still has the ear protection blue sticker on the air filter and the dealer sticker. I need to post a pic, I know!!

These saws will take an HD2 air filter with no mods???

Just got it, will cut with it asap, then clean it up and tear it down. I will put an elastostart on it. It had the 4mm cover screws.

Any thing else to check, will see what the jug says "k series" or mahle,

May play w the timing key if that is a guaranteed power gain.

I just got a 10mm 044. Serial # 122...

It has lived with an 18" ,3/8 b&c. Still has the ear protection blue sticker on the air filter and the dealer sticker. I need to post a pic, I know!!

These saws will take an HD2 air filter with no mods???

Just got it, will cut with it asap, then clean it up and tear it down. I will put an elastostart on it. It had the 4mm cover screws.

Any thing else to check, will see what the jug says "k series" or mahle,

May play w the timing key if that is a guaranteed power gain.
I can guarantee plenty of power gain if you send it to me. I just can't guarentee I will send it back.:surprised3:
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Unless you have a box filter, the HD-2 should just go right on. I'm going to play with the timing advance some more before I make a recommendation. The 20/1000 seems to make it hard to start when warm, would like to do some timed cuts in the spring with a few different settings, but that saw should run strong even if U leave the timing alone. Check your tune after you install the filter, it may need to be a touch richer.

Congrats on the saw!

Unless you have a box filter, the HD-2 should just go right on. I'm going to play with the timing advance some more before I make a recommendation. The 20/1000 seems to make it hard to start when warm, would like to do some timed cuts in the spring with a few different settings, but that saw should run strong even if U leave the timing alone. Check your tune after you install the filter, it may need to be a touch richer.

Congrats on the saw!
I did not have to retune when the hd2 went on the 066 or the 46, but when I took the hd2 off and put the Max Flo on I did have to retune just to keep the chain from spinning at an idle.

Finally got a chance to run the new to me 044. It was blowin 162 psi, and everything worked as it should. It pulled a 24" cannon very well in maple. I can say I'm very happy with how it runs completely stock, that's soon to change though!

Picture 190.jpg

This is the one I just got!!!!

Latest posts

Back