New 346xp today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah man,I'm jealous.
i went to a husky dealer today for another 28" chain for my 372.
been wanting a 346xp for awhile now,
so i went to the counter and said,give me a good deal on that 346 and I'll walk out with it.
he said let me take a look to see what "he" can do.(meaning the owner i take it-though i have a feeling "he" was "he" lol)
and he said,$499 (the exact sticker price on the saw on the shelf)with an additional chain is what "he's" been doing.
i said,well just the chain today i guess and walked out.
guess they didn't want to sell a 346xp today.
I'll be calling the store where i got my 372xpw (where he treated me good) tomorrow and see what he can do.
the 136(homeowner low powered re badged poulan) and 039 (heavy homeowner slug imo) for small stuff just ain't what i need lol.they got me by for long enough now.
congrats on a nice saw!!!
I'll have one soon enough as well I'm sure.

Well, all good things cost money and that saw is a gift from God so why shouldn't it cost $499 ?
In Sweden it costs $1300 so you shouldn't really complain....

ah man,I'm jeal
so i went to the counter and said,give me a good deal on that 346
I'll be calling the store where i got my 372xpw (where he treated me good)

Watch e-bay for good prices with free shipping.:chainsaw:

Watch e-bay for good prices with free shipping.:chainsaw:

The bad thing about those ebay auctions with the free shipping is going to be bad service in the future. Also, how can you be sure whether it's a e-tech or not. Or even OE or NE. A lot of the auctions give generic pictures, and how do you know if they know their saws.

The bad thing about those ebay auctions with the free shipping is going to be bad service in the future. Also, how can you be sure whether it's a e-tech or not. Or even OE or NE. A lot of the auctions give generic pictures, and how do you know if they know their saws.

I was concerned but I got lucky.I guess you could ask the seller a question or two before you bought it.

Me too!

After lusting for a 346 XP for quite some spell and after reading this post last night, I fell prey to temptation. A quick trip by Sanders Equipment here in Johnson City after work today, and I walk out the owner of a new 346 XP. Came at a price though; traded in the Stihl 260, which still leaves me with the 260 PRO. Can't wait to take it over to the farm and break it in on a big dead locust!

Randy at Sanders says the silver-colored clutch cover has something to do with Husky's anniversary commemoration.

50cc class saws are like .223 rounds; you can't have too many of them!

'Sposed to get down to 46° here tonite.

Last edited:
After lusting for a 346 XP for quite some spell and after reading this post last night, I fell prey to temptation. A quick trip by Sanders Equipment here in Johnson City after work today, and I walk out the owner of a new 346 XP. Came at a price though; traded in the Stihl 260, which still leaves me with the 260 PRO. Can't wait to take it over to the farm and break it in on a big dead locust!

Randy at Sanders says the silver-colored clutch cover has something to do with Husky's anniversary commemoration.

50cc class saws are like .223 rounds; you can't too many of them!

I have been wanting one for a while now and finally couldn't resist.
After checking with others on this site,I was pretty sure I would like it.I hope to try it this weekend if my bar and chain arrive.
:greenchainsaw:

after you run that 346xp.............

Stihl-O-Matic will buy the 260 pro from ya.He's scared of Husky's power. :popcorn:

Congrats on the new 346!!!:clap:

Question though.... What are ya gonna trade the 260pro for?:D

LOL!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I just got a 346xp today and don't know if it has a cat muffler or not.I can't wait to try it but I just ordered a new bar and some better chain and I don't want to use the stock bar and chain.
It doesn't have a green gas cap.Does this mean I have a non-cat muffler ?

What size bar did it come with? If it is an 18" and you want to sell it, let me know. I can always use a spare NK bar for my 346 :chainsaw:.

Hahaha, how true! :laugh:

Oh yeah, we had 40's here not too long ago. I miss them, sure makes good working weather for the whole day. I get too used to it though, then it gets warm. I was sweating at 70° working this afternoon.

What size bar did it come with? If it is an 18" and you want to sell it, let me know. I can always use a spare NK bar for my 346 :chainsaw:.

PM me if you are interested in a 16" Micro lite, hardly used.
It's just gonna gather dust and fly eggs in the barn here.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Congrats on the 346!!

It's a zippy little saw with NO low grunt out of the box. lol

Give it 10 - 15 tanks and it will wake up. Night and day difference from tank 1 to tank 15. Plenty of grunt for a 50cc saw after that.

Randy at Sanders says the silver-colored clutch cover has something to do with Husky's anniversary commemoration. .....

Not so, my 2007 one has it as well - and I don't believe in 48 year or 318 year anniversarys.........:biggrinbounce2:

ah man,I'm jealous.
i went to a husky dealer today for another 28" chain for my 372.
so i went to the counter and said,give me a good deal on that 346 and I'll walk out with it.
he said let me take a look to see what "he" can do.(meaning the owner i take it-though i have a feeling "he" was "he" lol)
and he said,$499 (the exact sticker price on the saw on the shelf)with an additional chain is what "he's" been doing.
i said,well just the chain today i guess and walked out.
guess they didn't want to sell a 346xp today.
I'll be calling the store where i got my 372xpw (where he treated me good) tomorrow and see what he can do.
the 136(homeowner low powered re badged poulan) and 039 (heavy homeowner slug imo) for small stuff just ain't what i need lol.they got me by for long enough now.
congrats on a nice saw!!!
I'll have one soon enough as well I'm sure.

I got a quote for a 346XP yesterday from my local dealer: $539.00!

That's not including tax.

No Thank you

That's not including tax.

No Thank you

Northmen,

Call around for another dealer. One of 'em is gonna be hungry.
Especially if ya tell them ya want powerhead only.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Must be surcharging for excellence. That is more than MSRP I believe!!!

Scott

Latest posts

Back