NEW 372 FAILURES

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
I was sitting here trying to figure out if replacing units is a good, or a bad thing. We had sold a couple Husqvarna saws when I was working with Bailey's. In 30 years there wasn't one single replacement unit. We had some warranties that were more than a new saw. We had always dealt with an independent distributor so, I don't know if that made a difference.
I guess we were fortunate to have enough runners around that we could give a guy a loaner until we diced out their issue. I can see where replacement is good for the end user until there's another failure. It would have to shake your confidence in the model.

Regards
Gregg

There are certain times of year when you just have to pick up the phone and get authorization. It does shake confidence, as I have seen it in the 365xt, 2166, and 2172 models. When you've got 3-4 weeks of work backlogged, really digging in to solve such an oddity to save a unit just doesn't make sense and isn't fair to all your other customers. I don't necessarily like handing out new replacement units, but in some cases it is what ultimately makes the customer happy and stick around. Most don't care, but some feel as though you hand them back a "repaired" unit, they are always skeptical of it and worry about everything. A replacement makes them feel better both about the unit and you as a dealer.

If this happened in a slow season I more than likely would have been fine losing time in the diagnostics and repair. My shop just doesn't have the resources to be able to do that at any given moment, just a small 2 man operation. I have also lost confidence in some of the "professionals" that walk through the door, as they claim to have been doing this kind of work for 25+ years yet they don't know what to do when they flood a saw..... We all have our moments.

I hope my above post mentioning other models doesn't create 50 new threads saying my #### model saw has bad bearings!!!! LOL

I would be leery of the same fellow coming back with that many failures, just saying. Kind of like I'm leery about 497 people saying their 562 had a bad carb immediately after one dude posted a thread about his. Were there some? Well, yeah. That many? Lol we call that paranoia.

Like I pointed out to Hamish, he was not the only one. Keen knew of 4 and there are 2 more that I now know about. There are a lot of "the sky is falling" syndrome on the net. But this is not the case. I was really hoping for a SN# series with the bearing issue but this has somewhat got blown out of proportion already. CJ

Like I pointed out to Hamish, he was not the only one. Keen knew of 4 and there are 2 more that I now know about. There are a lot of "the sky is falling" syndrome on the net. But this is not the case. I was really hoping for a SN# series with the bearing issue but this has somewhat got blown out of proportion already. CJ
Regretfully the "knowing" about these failures is lacking as it is all word of mouth, second-hand information. Some people on here try to help others out with diagnosing and repairing there saws. In order to do that accurate information in needed.

What caused the bearing failure, that is more of the question that needs to be answered before hand.

Three professional and competent dealers whom are also techs pointed towards the most likely direct cause of these failures.

I am still at a loss why the dealer couldn't address saw #5 as it was still running.......................that's the best time to fix em.

Regretfully the "knowing" about these failures is lacking as it is all word of mouth, second-hand information. Some people on here try to help others out with diagnosing and repairing there saws. In order to do that accurate information in needed.

What caused the bearing failure, that is more of the question that needs to be answered before hand.

Three professional and competent dealers whom are also techs pointed towards the most likely direct cause of these failures.

I am still at a loss why the dealer couldn't address saw #5 as it was still running.......................that's the best time to fix em.

Saw #5 was the last one for my buddie until they figured out what was happening. It started to high idle and he shut it down. The dealer was and is going to fix it but he needed a saw so he just jumped up to the 576. My guess is once it is fixed they will sell or husky will replace it and give him what is right for $$$. I have handed a couple of lemons back to dealers that could easily have been fixed but I just wanted a running saw. One was a 357, handed it to them, pick up a new saw from the rack, paid for it, told them to give me whatever they could get out of the old saw- a few $$ for their trouble. This was before I knew about this site and the dealer was NOT Ebles. I was going to do the exact same thing with the 562 with Ebles until mastermind fixed it. Only I would have exchanged it for a 372, glad I didn't now. Gave away a Homelite 410 and made a few saws "disappear" under the dozer tracks or wheels of the skidder!! Life is too short and cutting days can be bad enough not to have to deal with a problem saw. CJ

Howdy,
Any Husqvarna dealers out there that ever had Husqvarna replace a unit?
Regards
Gregg
yes,my first 562XPGW that i sold came back to me with only 89 hrs on it. it had seized.HVA wanted it back,but i got them to give it to me so as i could learn this new series saws. it runs great now with over 20 hrs of run time on it,now that it has new piston and cylinder + crankshaft assy in it!!....only took me 3 rebuilds to finally get it right. the spring inside pto bearing let go and lunched rebuild no 2 ,witch had new piston only.it had been split open and cleaned ,inspected all 3 rebuilds

yes,my first 562XPGW that i sold came back to me with only 89 hrs on it. it had seized.HVA wanted it back,but i got them to give it to me so as i could learn this new series saws. it runs great now with over 20 hrs of run time on it,now that it has new piston and cylinder + crankshaft assy in it!!....only took me 3 rebuilds to finally get it right. the spring inside pto bearing let go and lunched rebuild no 2 ,witch had new piston only.it had been split open and cleaned ,inspected all 3 rebuilds
89 hours is actually a lot of run time on a saw, the joy of the AT games.

I shall assume you meant to say the spring inside the PTO seal let go.

Did you use the oem case tools to disassemble and re-assemble? Re-assembly is difficult even with the proper tool, and it takes a bit to wrap ones head around it and stop thinking heat an cold slap er together and draw it in with the case bolts. Bearing misalignment will almost always happen if you leave the bearings on the crank and try to assemble it as a unit.

89 hours is actually a lot of run time on a saw, the joy of the AT games.

I shall assume you meant to say the spring inside the PTO seal let go.

Did you use the oem case tools to disassemble and re-assemble? Re-assembly is difficult even with the proper tool, and it takes a bit to wrap ones head around it and stop thinking heat an cold slap er together and draw it in with the case bolts. Bearing misalignment will almost always happen if you leave the bearings on the crank and try to assemble it as a unit.

yes the spring inside pto side bearing. and yes i used oem case tools. hot and cold!

As was stated in another thread(or, hell, mebbe earlier in this one - I never pay attention), maybe the combination of 50:1 meeting the new strato tech sipping fuel aren't necessarily a great combination.

Latest posts

Back