New 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jthusky55

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I didn't think they were available any more. I was at Stihl dealer yesterday and they had a new one on the shelf and they haven't had any for more than a year.

stihl earned some epa credits or something and was able to re-release them for i think a year i have yet to see one at none of the 3 dealers in my area......:msp_thumbup:

I got the same intel from my dealer, they said it was coming out for a limited time as a limited edition like the old saw. EPA aside. I know I'm going to buy one for my shelf. Unfortunately they don't have one yet. :msp_thumbup:

I just hid one in the closet, Stihl in the box, sometimes I think about it at night.

Mine was only started at the dealer I am gonna dump the fuel put the special stihl fuel in it and build a shrine:bowdown:
:bowdown:

Hahahahahahahahaha, you guys are funny!! I'm getting a quote today! Should I be surprised? Are they pricing it like an iconic emblem??

I had a quote for $829 in tn. I think they're under $800 out west in a few places.

I had a quote for $829 in tn. I think they're under $800 out west in a few places.

not bad- of course here in the beautiful blue state of ct
the taxes and a 24 inch bar hits 900 even at that price

my shop sells powerhead only if requested ,only save 50 bucks off the 20 inch std bar and chain price though or you can upgrade to larger bar for difference in bar price

044 or440

would there be much diff.from the old 044 to the new 440?k

I had my dealer order me one today, $900 even out the door with a 25" B&C. I'm dying to see if it is just new old stock that Stihl had laying around or its the same great old saw with a little newer look.

It will probably come with the hd II air filter and I think they were still being made but not sold in the US.

Latest posts

Back