New 60 and 70cc saw opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just broke in my MS 400. For a sub 13lb power head it really pulls in hardwood. Have also read alot of good stuff on the 462.

I have just broke in my MS 400. For a sub 13lb power head it really pulls in hardwood. Have also read alot of good stuff on the 462.
Nice saws but prices are very hi in my area for stihls but can’t wait to hit 30” white oak with ms661 I’m doing now

FWIW , my local dealer sold a couple of palettes of full wrap 462 c-m and said only 2 have come back and none failed. Mostly fallers here looking at weight savings giving the 462 c-m a whirl it seems. I am tempted but can't justify the cost as I'm not earning money in the woods anymore, 562xp cuts most everything I need. In a moment of weakness I may just buy one anyway - :p Guessing a full wrap 20" would suit me fine and I'd probably never wear the saw out. How they stand up to daily use by full timers only time will tell.
Never been a fan of 5 series huskies but my 365s and my jonsered 2165s rip for most anything but real big stuff , and that I could double up but I’ll rip my 394 for that . Huskies are always very decent in my opinion for price .

In my area Husqvarna pro saws are pretty much non existent. Stihl rules the roost. YES, stihl saws and parts cost more and that's annoying, but they are pretty much the only show in town.

On that note, I was speaking with my dealer the other day. They sell quit a few saws to the Forest Service. As you can imagine these saws are abused severely. He told me the 661,500I and latest 462 are holding up great in their latest versions. He did say they had problems with the 661 for several years, but Stihl has them dialed in now. He also mentioned a few problems with the early 462's, but commented they have been great since they updated the cases.

Latest posts

Back