New bar/chain for BHCS..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
heh...went and picked up a 20" bar for the 660 today...I can't WAIT to maul
some firewood with this thing...oughta be like cutting with a funny car..:greenchainsaw:

I was using it to buck some larger branches the other day, since I dinged the
chain on the 290 and didn't want to stop and grind the only chain i had for it..bucking with a 36" bar kinda sucks...thought to myself...self...get a shorter bar...<G>

you'll love the 660 with a 20" bar, personally thats what i run on mine 99.9% of the time, occasionally i will throw on a 24", for on the landing

I bought the thing for a dedicated milling saw, but when the big orange toy arrived it suddenly became less necessary..but we heat solely with wood so
I can make a buncha splinters in less time now...:clap:

bucked about three cords of rounds in an hour and a half the other day..splitting my time between a 180c and the 660...

Cool, that ought to be fun, I was using a 26" on my 394xp, loads of power for that size of bar.

I did this too while I was breaking in my 395XP, as I didn't want to put a brand new saw right into milling so I ran many tankfuls of gas through it bucking and cutting firewood first. Large powerful saw with (relatively) small bar = serious fun cutting. Heavy saw to carry around, but pull the throttle and lean it into the wood and it just tore through anything less than 15 inches like it was butter.

I did this too while I was breaking in my 395XP, as I didn't want to put a brand new saw right into milling so I ran many tankfuls of gas through it bucking and cutting firewood first. Large powerful saw with (relatively) small bar = serious fun cutting. Heavy saw to carry around, but pull the throttle and lean it into the wood and it just tore through anything less than 15 inches like it was butter.

YUP!! puts a smile to my face all the time.

Beive it or not the saw I use most is a little 180c...i can run it for hours..quick as lightning too..but get into anything bigger than 10" or so and it is wirth it to get out the BHCS.

the big saw wears me out in a half hour or 45 minutes...heavy..but quick..

...the big saw wears me out in a half hour or 45 minutes...heavy..but quick..
I hear you, even my 460 is too heavy for a firewood saw, after an hour or so toting that thing around cutting firewood sized chunks it seems to weigh twice as much. My 036 is a good compromise... 60cc is powerful enough to buck and slice through 12-15 inches, but it's not all that heavy so I can last longer in the woods with it.

I hear you, even my 460 is too heavy for a firewood saw, after an hour or so toting that thing around cutting firewood sized chunks it seems to weigh twice as much. My 036 is a good compromise... 60cc is powerful enough to buck and slice through 12-15 inches, but it's not all that heavy so I can last longer in the woods with it.

Good reason to not mess with a pro logger, eh? something I have been doing here lately is, if i can get the truck close to the tree, I'll trim it back to
solid wood and snatch the branches out whole to where i can buck them on the ground..saves alot of energy in climbing around a tree carcass..try to drag them right out next to the trailer..buck-n-chuck...:chainsaw:

Back