New bar, ugly stump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cedarkerf Quote:
Hey NWnewguy where you at neighbor?

I am over neear Poulsbo, on the other side of the water. The tree was on my little 3 acre plot. I have a bunch more of the littler birches that are dead to cut down. I am pretty sure it is a birch. I will take a picture of the bark and post it later in the day.

Cedarkerf Quote:
Hey NWnewguy where you at neighbor?

I am over neear Poulsbo, on the other side of the water. The tree was on my little 3 acre plot. I have a bunch more of the littler birches that are dead to cut down. I am pretty sure it is a birch. I will take a picture of the bark and post it later in the day.

Over/up here, rot is mostly the cause when a birch die - but it could be different where you are?

The tree doesn't really look like the birches we have here either - inside or outside - but I guess that can vary?

Last edited:
Ok, so I looked up the bark, since it hasn't had leaves in a while, and it is actually a cherry. I may have to keep that wood in another stack to use in the smoker now.

You are honest, good deal. Who cares? You'll get better. A slightly raised backcut is a good deal for safety. You have more control of the tree direction, hands down. It eliminated almost all fiber pull as well.

It landed where you wanted it and nobody got hurt. 100% success..... I appreciate your honesty and ability to laugh at yourself. Not many people post there screw-up's. Its easy to play perfect behind a keyboard...... rep sent. :cheers:

Elevated stump

When an excavator pushes on the stump the higher the better for leverage.When I had a AH logger do my woods he left stumps 2-3'and I thought it was a "beautiful job.He burned me for a lead load of veneer oak that was mysteriously missing.Karma will find him for sure.Any guess on he value of that much veneer&#1 red&white oak?

When an excavator pushes on the stump the higher the better for leverage.When I had a AH logger do my woods he left stumps 2-3'and I thought it was a "beautiful job.He burned me for a lead load of veneer oak that was mysteriously missing.Karma will find him for sure.Any guess on he value of that much veneer red&white oak?

Leaving 3 foot on the stump on veneer status trees is stupid as hell. 5 years & a D4 could shove them our of the ground with no sweat.

Back