New Dolmar 5100S Review from the dude...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? I've had my ehp 5100 for over 2 years. Filter stays amazingly clean.

Carb issues? Hard to start? maybe a little...

Easy to start, but still very temperamental, and it will not hold a tune.... I've gone back and forth with the 5100, some times I like it and some times I hate it. One thing is for sure, I've never fell in love with it like others on this site have. Good saw maybe, grate saw no. The 7900 is a different story, it's an awesome saw.

Easy to start, but still very temperamental, and it will not hold a tune.... I've gone back and forth with the 5100, some times I like it and some times I hate it. One thing is for sure, I've never fell in love with it like others on this site have. Good saw maybe, grate saw no. The 7900 is a different story, it's an awesome saw.

Even replacing the ring on the boot didn't help.:monkey:

A "HUGE" power difference?.....I'm not buying it.....Can you elaborate some more?....Have you done any timed cuts with equivalent B&C? :popcorn:

i dont think you would like the results of such tests. the 5100's dont seem to cut nearly as fast as many owners thought they did.

come to think of it the 361 seems to suffer abit from the same scenario.

boese104.gif

i dont think you would like the results of such tests. the 5100's dont seem to cut nearly as fast as many owners thought they did.

boese104.gif

I guess we'll have to wait for someone to test them. I believe I recall THALL saying the 5100 would nearly hang with the 361.....:cheers:

Maybe because most of them on here are running 3/8 on their 5100....;)

A "HUGE" power difference?.....I'm not buying it.....Can you elaborate some more?....Have you done any timed cuts with equivalent B&C? :popcorn:

No need to, the difference is pretty obvious, and the real weight difference is quite a bit less than the specs tell you.......

Comparing the 5100 to a Husky 359 would be a totally different story....:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

Hmmmm..........I have no problems with the 5100's I own........

boese104.gif

My Husky dealer liked my 5100 alot.......His stock 346NE was not two impressive...........Same log same operator and even the same bar and chain.........Must have had a bad one or two of them......

Seems I read about a test that a member did where he used a modded 346NE vs a Stock 5100........Hmmmmm wonder what kinda idiot would test a Stock vs modded.....Then brag about the modded saw...

Stock out of the box both saws with the Husky with epa muffler my vote goes 5100 by a long shot........Only ran one 346 NE with switched muffler and it was not running good at that time....Dealer was getting it back to repair.......

Last edited:
My Husky dealer liked my 5100 alot.......His stock 346NE was not two impressive...........Same log same operator and even the same bar and chain.........Must have had a bad one or two of them......

nothing that cant be fixed...

just ask BDog!

:cheers:

Which saw was run in, and which wasn't.......:greenchainsaw:

Btw, where did you learn to spell, ol' friend......:yourock:

LOL.................Been a long day........Storm damage cleanup....:cheers: :cheers:

Not much of that fun over here - the weather usually is too kind .....

The last time was in 2000, when a huge willow (well two) fell, and knocked over some smaller birches, about 100 feet from the cottage - some evidence of that storm is still present in the woods here, as well.......

Last edited:
At the Ohio gtg in April I ran my 5100 against a NE346. My 5100 is well used the 346 looked new.

Here are the times.
Two cuts in 8x8 Poplar
5100 6.81
346xp 6.90

Blasphemy! Everyone knows nothing less than another manufactures saw of at least 70cc could possibly come close to a 346NE! You must have pulled a Wanab and not told of your mods!

At the Ohio gtg in April I ran my 5100 against a NE346. My 5100 is well used the 346 looked new.

Here are the times.
Two cuts in 8x8 Poplar
5100 6.81
346xp 6.90

Blasphemy! Everyone knows nothing less than another manufactures saw of at least 70cc could possibly come close to a 346NE! You must have pulled a Wanab and not told of your mods!
Well, those times sounds pretty realistic to me.........:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Here are the times.
Two cuts in 8x8 Poplar
5100 6.81
346xp 6.90

thanks for trying to put this to bed again!

:clap:

yes, there appeared to be an epidemic of that going on at the GTG.

Back