New Dolmar 5100S Review from the dude...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know what the power ratings on these babies will be?? CC/bhp???

So you guys know, I shall have some vids tomorrow of the wifey with the 5100 and the 510, her favorite little saw...

:cheers: eh? :popcorn:
Hey cisco. Just wait...i got a pic of my baby with my new 5100 too but cant get my phone to send it. Im gonna keep tryin. Doubt i can get another one.

PS-350 = 2.1HP (1.6kw)

PS-420 = 2.8HP (2.1kw)

The weight seem to be lower than initially rumoured - the 420 looks quite interesting.....

...but I don't bite (my problem, not yours) - I don't need anything between the 339xp and the NE346xp.

Last edited:
Why would you want that gawd awefull blue on the best 50cc saw out there?

I had a blue 7900 and sold it because the color made my stomach turn inside out.....

The weight seem to be lower than initially rumoured - the 420 looks quite interesting.....

...but I don't bite (my problem, not yours) - I don't need anything between the 339xp and the NE346xp.

I read basicly the same thing. As I recall, the 2008 Dolmar (U.S) Catalog states that the PS-350 was expected to weigh-in at 9lbs and the PS-420 at 9.7lbs. According to the catalog; the 350 is actually rated at 2.2HP and not 2.1HP. However, their kw ratings don't jive their listed bhp ratings so it's anyone's guess. Time will tell the tale.

Last edited:
Makita Trivia

Why would you want that gawd awefull blue on the best 50cc saw out there?

I had a blue 7900 and sold it because the color made my stomach turn inside out.....

I bought my first Makita cordless drill in 1983. It was the teal color of Makitas today. Some of the guys I worked with had the same model that they had owned for a couple of years. They were orange in color. :popcorn:

5100s

Soooooo, today I got a 40+inch Ash mostly cut up and split. Wife had to work sadly, but I'll have some pics for you guys tomorrow of the wifey chewin' through some wood with the new 5100... She loves it, I do also... Although, even though I love that 5100, I still go back to the 7900 as much as I can... That my friend is a beast... hehehehehehehe

:cheers:

Will post some pics later...

Ok cisco dude.....this is about the cats meow!! Its the best i could do. GF turned me down. lol lol
catandsaw.jpg

Id rather my saws be blue and a little less desireable to those who want them more than I do.

Besides, the best two saws on the market are badged as makita..
It throws everyone who sees and uses my 7900 for a loop.

lmfao

Ok cisco dude.....this is about the cats meow!! Its the best i could do. GF turned me down. lol lol
catandsaw.jpg

hehehehehehehe, that's so friggin funny dude. If this weren't public I think you know what I'd say about the cat, lmfao... That damned Dolmar is so hot that it's got %^&* climbing all over it, lmao... I'll get some vids tomorrow when the wifey is kickin'em down with the 5100...

:cheers:

Bar size???

What size does everyone put on their 5100??? Just wondering...

:confused: :popcorn:

What size does everyone put on their 5100??? Just wondering...

:confused: :popcorn:

attachment.php

13" usually, 16" when the need arises. lol. Just bought another 13" Carlton (GB pro top) on clearance for a spare.
16" is more practical, but the 13" = more fun

If I need a 20", a grab the 036 or 372

Last edited:
.... However, their kw ratings don't jive their listed bhp ratings so it's anyone's guess. Time will tell the tale.

That has been a problem on the 5100S as well, but not that big a deal....:)

On the 5100S they don't even agree with themselves on the displacement - I have seen at least 4 different ones stated....... :ices_rofl: :laugh: :laugh:

They make very good saws, but they should clean up their act regarding the "paperwork". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
attachment.php

13" usually, 16" when the need arises. lol. Just bought another 13" Carlton (GB pro top) on clearance for a spare.
16" is more practical, but the 13" = more fun

If I need a 20", a grab the 036 or 372

16" sure is more practical, and balances the saw about perfectly.

I wouldn't want it shorter on a 5100S, but 18" would probably be just fine as well.

I've had my 5100 for a couple weeks and gone through about 4 tanks.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to start. Seems to be flooding. Anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Thanks

I've had my 5100 for a couple weeks and gone through about 4 tanks.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to start. Seems to be flooding. Anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Thanks

I can pull my 5100 15 times and it dont start....LOL......Stihl choke is down...Dolmar 5100 Ignition is down off ........Damn hate that when it happens.......Tried to start my 262 the other day ....Kill switch is opposite of my 7900....Its a PITA to own and run all the brands...

Did that today, after five pulls on the 5100 I knew something was wrong. Yeah the damn switch was off.

I love the factory 17" bar on this little saw, seems perfect for me.

No, Thats not my problem. I saw some other postings that the mfg settings are too rich. I get the sense that's the problem. Any advise on carb adjustment?

Cisco, How does the 5100 compare too the 510? Is it a whole lot of difference? I'd love to get a 5100 but I already have a 111 rated at 3.3hp. Wondering if it's gonna be that much more? In a perfect world I'd go 5100 and 7900. In my world, at the moment it's 111 and 120si :greenchainsaw:

No, Thats not my problem. I saw some other postings that the mfg settings are too rich. I get the sense that's the problem. Any advise on carb adjustment?

should only take about 2 or 3 good pulls with the choke on, listen for the ' pop', easy to miss the pop. if you think it's set to rich don't try and adjust it yourself, take it back, let the shop do it.

Latest posts

Back