New gen full-wrap handles now ready!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine Came Today

I got home from work, and the box was sitting at my door. The bar looks great!

The quality of the workmanship is excellent. This is a great alternative to the Stihl factory bar, and feels good in the hand. The grip material is very comfortable; not too slippery and not too grabby. It looks like it will wear well. When you have one for a 372, I will try one of those as well.

Thumbs up for Weber Customs.

I'll address something in open forum, since it's been a question in the past, and currently.

The bottom mount is 20.5mm deep -- so a screw of at least 30mm is needed for the bottom.

On the 066 IPL, there are two longer self-tapping screws called out for full-wrap handles that will suffice. I'm sure there are others as well that are in the ballpark.

Part: 9074 478 4675 (P6X32.5mm)

&

Part: 9074 478 4705 (P6X40mm)

This will be addressed on the website soon, so there are no surprises when a handle is ordered.

That was not a issue two local dealers had them in stock.

Just for ####s and giggles what is the price on a one off handle? 038 it would fit the 038, 038S, Mag, MagII.

how does the bottom mount look? If it is the same or close to the 044 then I could mod a mount. Cant promise anything.

Rod, the bottom has the tweak like on my 038 Super we looked at. I can bring mine in again so we can take a closer look.

That was not a issue two local dealers had them in stock.

Just for ####s and giggles what is the price on a one off handle? 038 it would fit the 038, 038S, Mag, MagII.

Stephen, the issue was some of the saws come from the dealer with longer screws, and some don't. It would depend on what handle they fit to it.

We don't want someone who buys a handle to be surprised if they have to pick up two screws for the bottom mount.

The "special coating" looks to me to just be line-x truck bedliner, I sprayed it for years its cheap, so I can't imagine why the product would cost so much.

Shoe, it's not Line-X. . . No one has ever claimed it's "special".

It is a hybrid Polyurea/polyurethane. With your experience, I don't have to tell you how tough it is for the weight.

As far as cheap, I guess $3,500 for two barrels is a steal! :laugh:

Stephen, the issue was some of the saws come from the dealer with longer screws, and some don't. It would depend on what handle they fit to it.

We don't want someone who buys a handle to be surprised if they have to pick up two screws for the bottom mount.

Considering the price of the handle, it seems to me that the longer screws could be supplied with it rather than the saw owner trying to assemble it and not have the right thing. These screws in boxes of 100 would be a lot less than two drums of handle coating...

Considering the price of the handle, it seems to me that the longer screws could be supplied with it rather than the saw owner trying to assemble it and not have the right thing. These screws in boxes of 100 would be a lot less than two drums of handle coating...

Oh boy, here we go. LOL

Okay, here's how it is. Ribe makes the screws for Stihl. Several attempts to buy them from Ribe has failed miserably.

They are proprietary to Stihl -- so only Stihl can buy them. The ones used by other aftermarket companies are wrong, and hokey.

We can buy them for $2.00 each, just like you and everyone else can. If we have to mess with it, we'll have to charge $3.07 each, that's at a reasonable markup.

ANNNNND, Stihl frowns on people buying stuff from dealers and reselling it. . . Ask Fish about that.

All kidding aside, the screw thing will be a non-issue for many, others will complain for the sake of complaining. Stihl 046's and 066's came with varying screw lengths, based on the handle that was on the saw when it was purchased.

We have sold many that needed nothing more than what was on their saw -- others have went to their dealer and spent $4.00 for the screws. Some guys already have the screws in their goody-box from working on saws -- some get them for nothing because their dealer likes them.

As for the handle cost, it is what it is (less than Stihl charges BTW). That's what it takes to make a profit on them. They're a custom handle, that's strong and light, and well made.

Some guys buy the $80.00 boots every six months, some buy the White's once every 5 years. Some guys buy the cheap High-Point, others buy the Kimber.

Quality isn't cheap gentleman. . . If this product is beyond your want or need, don't buy one.

But trolling this thread, or any other with complaints of cost, and then trying to pretend like you know what it takes to make one. Seriously? Really?

As a fabricator, it's fairly easy for me to discern who has the experience in fabrication, and those who don't.

Last edited:
I'd have paid the extra $6 for the two longer screws right up front. An extra $2 over what I'd pay at a dealer for the scrws is nothing. That way I wouldn't have to make a special trip to my dealer for the longer screws (and they are a very small dealer and may have to order them), and when the handle arrives at my door I can slap that puppy together and go chew wood.

For sure it depends on volume as to whether you wanna fool with it, but I think quite a few others would opt to buy the screws along with the handle. Complicates matters a bit, but you can sure make it optional. I'm sure also that plenty of folks already have the longer screws, and others won't mind a trip to the Stihl dealer to pick up a couple.

Now that the screw length thing is explained on the Web site, the surprise factor will be removed, and that's usually what gets guys going a bit -- getting something expensive that they unexpectedly can't make fit with the materials at hand.

Mighty fine handle, BTW. Took it out a few days back and ate up a bunch of 30-inch pine. Very good in my hands, excellent quality. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'd have paid the extra $6 for the two longer screws right up front. An extra $2 over what I'd pay at a dealer for the scrws is nothing. That way I wouldn't have to make a special trip to my dealer for the longer screws (and they are a very small dealer and may have to order them), and when the handle arrives at my door I can slap that puppy together and go chew wood.

For sure it depends on volume as to whether you wanna fool with it, but I think quite a few others would opt to buy the screws along with the handle. Complicates matters a bit, but you can sure make it optional. I'm sure also that plenty of folks already have the longer screws, and others won't mind a trip to the Stihl dealer to pick up a couple.

Now that the screw length thing is explained on the Web site, the surprise factor will be removed, and that's usually what gets guys going a bit -- getting something expensive that they unexpectedly can't make fit with the materials at hand.

Mighty fine handle, BTW. Took it out a few days back and ate up a bunch of 30-inch pine. Very good in my hands, excellent quality. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad you're pleased with the handle! :clap:

Quick question (based on some feedback from others who used some of the first ones), did you notice a reduction in vibes, or about the same as the factory?

Latest posts

Back