New gen full-wrap handles now ready!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has probably been answered already but what is the reason stihl came up with the 3/4 wrap? My take is when putting in steep snipe the full wraps would hit the tree and keep the dogs from engaging I know this happened alot when I was using the 075 stihl and am think this is why some guys cut their handbars just wondering. I do like the looks of the fool wrap on the 044 though and would like to get one for mine.

That would make fer a good question to ask Stihl USA -- as I curious myself. It's definitely the most unique design on a handle.

Just having the explanation on the Web site would have been enough tip off for me. I'm lucky that my Stihl dealer is right in town, so when I ordered the handle I'd have checked my screws and just made a quick phone call to the dealer. If they need to order stuff like that, it's usually a 2-day deal, and it took the handle longer than that to get here.

As I mentioned, it's usually the surprise factor that leads to sharply worded PMs or e-mails. ;)

I'm still working on finding a comparable screw from another source. One that has the same thread pitch and isn't some hokey screw with the tip ground off.

Google "Ribe plastoform". . . That's the real deal.

There's a lot of others out there that look similar, but I ain't contacting Lin Chow or Benji Bengoli to place an order. :laugh:

Oh hell no, you brought Benji into this? (wierd last name for a dog BTW) that dog's busted more predators than Chris Hansen

attention walmart shoppers who wants to pay walmart prices, this full wrap handle isnt for you...... so move along.

btw i wonder if anyone of those people priced out stihl oem 3/4 handles or other full wrap handles..... probably not.

Damn Straight, this is a high quality handle bar with a damn scrutinous attention to detail, fit, and finish. Any hawnyocker that thinks he can go buy some aluminum tube from Pacific, bend it around a fencepost in their back yard, roll on some NAPA bedliner and have it hold up like these bars can try it

Back