New guy around here. Mod 440.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawMassacre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New guy here on the forums.
So this is my first modded saw. I've built numerous karts, quads, and motorcycle motors, but never a saw. Runs pretty damn strong.
Ported and decked cylinder, .018 squish, drilled piston to help lube the thinned cylinder bridges, Modded muffler(3rd one), removed deco, Opened up the airbox w/ new style 441 filter, lightened flywheel, advanced timing, and lightened clutch. Topped it off with a 16" bar, Stihl RSF @ .050, D-handle, and dyed the orange plastic black. Pretty happy with it.

Here she is...
IMG_20141212_120154_zps1bd677c2.jpg

That is a long pipe .............. are you shure it wont crack @ the base ?

Full skip on a 16" B&C with a ported 440 ????? :eek:

Where did you drill the piston, and what bridges did you thin ?

That was a 3/4 wrap handle too ............. I would have traded you for a regular one (1/2 wrap) and paid the shipping :(

It shouldn't crack. It protrudes into the muffler about an inch, and is gusseted on the inside. This is my 3rd one not including the original. Seems to be working the best. Had original, then dual port, then modded dual port, now this set up. I widened the ports quite a bit, which i figured would raise the cylinder temps a touch at the thinnest sections of the cylinder, so doesn't hurt to give them a little extra lube. drilled right in the center of those sections. two .065 holes stacked at each bridge.
That handle was cut before I got a hold of it, and from another saw in our bone yard. I have a full wrap that came with the saw, and still looking for a 1/2 wrap. Don't like the way this one looks, but it clears the exhaust.

You want to trade the 3/4 wrap for a half wrap ?
You wouldnt happen to have any pictures of the holes you drilled, would you ?

Everybodys favorite 4 letter word ................ FREE !
Thats what I would run if I had it too !

I might take you up on that trade.
I don't have any pictures of that one, but will be doing another saw for a buddy, and will document that one a little better.

Latest posts

Back