New guy with a lot of broken saws!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltysandy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New guy to the forums. Haven't used these things since photo bucket took a dive, but my boss said this would be a good place for answers since i don't have a lot of knowledge with small engines. I'm a mechanic for a tree and lawn care company so i work on everything from chainsaws to bucket trucks

As it stands i have a few broken saws that they don't want to put any more money into so they are going home with me if they are worth saving.

2-Husky 357 (got one running and my brother is testing it out for the next couple weeks)

Husky 575 that's only crank case, engine and upper plastics... everything else external is m.i.a

Husky 372xp (I've come to love these for some reason) that got crushed under a 30 foot section of ash. Crank case and engine survived

What say the experts? What goes on the trash and what do i revive?

New guy to the forums. Haven't used these things since photo bucket took a dive, but my boss said this would be a good place for answers since i don't have a lot of knowledge with small engines. I'm a mechanic for a tree and lawn care company so i work on everything from chainsaws to bucket trucks

As it stands i have a few broken saws that they don't want to put any more money into so they are going home with me if they are worth saving.

2-Husky 357 (got one running and my brother is testing it out for the next couple weeks)

Husky 575 that's only crank case, engine and upper plastics... everything else external is m.i.a

Husky 372xp (I've come to love these for some reason) that got crushed under a 30 foot section of ash. Crank case and engine survived

What say the experts? What goes on the trash and what do i revive?

So you are a mechanic for a tree and lawn care company that has no knowledge of small engines...?

Im confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are a mechanic for a tree and lawn care company that has no knowledge of small engines...?

Im confused

He normally works on the bigger stuff, like lawnmowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to AS, Saltysandy.

Your boss is correct - there is a lot of good information available here though you have to put up with smart remarks and occasionally wade through some misinformation. I can’t answer your questions except to say that 372s are well regarded. There are folks that know all of these saws inside and out.

Ron

U&A i started my mechanical career as a heavy diesel mechanic, spent a lot of time on school buses.

Buddy was leaving the tree company and they needed someone who could fix all their heavy equipment (chip trucks, combos, rear mounts, log trucks ect) because all the work was being done by dealerships.

So my small engine stuff is limited to what i learned running nitro r.c. cars for a short time (beer doesn't help retain the info either)

Rwoods: im used to shenanigans, im on a few jeep Facebook forums and there are more window lickers than one could handle

U&A i started my mechanical career as a heavy diesel mechanic, spent a lot of time on school buses.

Buddy was leaving the tree company and they needed someone who could fix all their heavy equipment (chip trucks, combos, rear mounts, log trucks ect) because all the work was being done by dealerships.

So my small engine stuff is limited to what i learned running nitro r.c. cars for a short time (beer doesn't help retain the info either)

Rwoods: im used to shenanigans, im on a few jeep Facebook forums and there are more window lickers than one could handle

Very cool. Thank you for clarifying sir. Those nitro RC’s are insane.

One good way to keep the saws a running are to keep them out from under ash trees. Just had to say it. After all, it's feel'n froggy Tuesday.

Try telling that to these ground guys... Doors are open, lights are on, but no one is home. My climbers are pretty good to the saws. Maybe once a week they will bring me one that they lost a screw on but its never anything major

Try telling that to these ground guys... Doors are open, lights are on, but no one is home. My climbers are pretty good to the saws. Maybe once a week they will bring me one that they lost a screw on but its never anything major
I've seen ground guys rockem on sidewalks, streets, you name it. But some fellers are great. To find the happy medium.. Hmmm

Latest posts

Back