New help might have to go

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yo, Yo ,Yo take your panties out of your ears there sparky. Where did I say that 15 was NOT good for a starter? Oh that's right ! I didn't.
Look, I am trying to help you but screw it if you aren't even going to read what I said properly.
Thing is , that is why there are so many of us who went from low paid grunt to highest paid climber to small business owner. Where have all the good guys gone? Out on there own. Why? Make more money. Its the cycle, some call it vicious.
For me, the ground work is the hardest and it didn't use to be that way. All in all, you don't want a good ground guy, he will take your job one day.

Dan, yer logic is vicious, you friggin moron. There I said it and I dont care.

Last edited:
$15 dollers an hour would be an insult for a begining groundsman??? Is that what you are trying to say?? Thats obsurd!! Where else can an individual go and make 15 dollers an hour for un-skilled labor, Yes un-skilled because they have yet to put there time in to learn the trade. I do not think the wages are that much different from PA to N.Y. and in N.Y. $15 an hour to start out on a tree crew is good money. You have a unique perception on things, saying a groundsman should make as much if not more then a climber:dizzy: What do you think an individual should make starting out??? I am curious, Not you because we all no we could not afford you but just the random guy responding to the help wanted ad looking to learn a trade, how much is he worth??

How much is a random guy looking to learn a trade worth to ME? Not a dime. I need a ringer who has his head together. He comes in a few days a week for about a full day( I start at 9 home by 4 or 5) and usually just comes without any tools but carries his own liabilty. I usually climb and he get around 160 to 200 which I 100% deduct as a business expense. It helps me to look poor.
Two things to note: 1. my out of pocket expense is about the same if he were an employee 2. He gets it all right there.
Ever hear of Johnathan Fairoaks? He will tell you, that's what he told me.

Yo, Yo ,Yo take your panties out of your ears there sparky. Where did I say that 15 was NOT good for a starter? Oh that's right ! I didn't.
Look, I am trying to help you but screw it if you aren't even going to read what I said properly.
Thing is , that is why there are so many of us who went from low paid grunt to highest paid climber to small business owner. Where have all the good guys gone? Out on there own. Why? Make more money. Its the cycle, some call it vicious.
For me, the ground work is the hardest and it didn't use to be that way. All in all, you don't want a good ground guy, he will take your job one day.

You may not have specifically said $15 dollers an hr was not good for starters but you most certainly implied it time and time again. As far as reading what you say properly, I try but your rants and genaral perception on things are hard to follow. The above comment showed the most clarity of any of your post thus far. Not trying to start a p!ssing match here I just do not understand your logic.

Dan, yer logic is vicious, you friggin moron. There I said it and I dont care.

I am a moron? I didn't let the dingleberry I fired last year bust up my truck today. What is it? sleepy, stoned, stupid or indifferent? Let some chump rack my #### up I would be a moron, moron.
Its a shame my words are wasted. Go hang out with your spooky crew.

No, that's all I want, just that. How is it hanging with you loser groundguys? Yeah must of been a bad day. My logic is that I wouldn't slave for guys like you. See it now?

Them I can handle, its yer logic dan, thats the problem. The thing is dan, when me and them losers do what it is we do, its top dollar! not 400 fer you and yer 50 foot rope, lol.

How much is a random guy looking to learn a trade worth to ME? Not a dime. I need a ringer who has his head together. He comes in a few days a week for about a full day( I start at 9 home by 4 or 5) and usually just comes without any tools but carries his own liabilty. I usually climb and he get around 160 to 200 which I 100% deduct as a business expense. It helps me to look poor.
Two things to note: 1. my out of pocket expense is about the same if he were an employee 2. He gets it all right there.
Ever hear of Johnathan Fairoaks? He will tell you, that's what he told me.

So you are paying an experienced guy around 20-25 dollers an hour on occasion to help you out. I need guys every day not on occasion so its a totally different scenario all together. For 15 an hr I expect a guy to safely drive a truck show up on time and be able to run a rake and feed the chipper. If he does well with those tasks and has the desire to learn more he will make more money. Think about it like this you work two days a week with this guy and he makes 320 dollers and may or may not have work next week if he worked for a full time tree company (40hrs) a week at $15 dollers an hr he would make 600 a week before taxes with no OT. Yes he is putting in more time but atleast he has the security of a steady paycheck with plenty of room for advancement if he is willing to work for it.

You may not have specifically said $15 dollers an hr was not good for starters but you most certainly implied it time and time again. As far as reading what you say properly, I try but your rants and genaral perception on things are hard to follow. The above comment showed the most clarity of any of your post thus far. Not trying to start a p!ssing match here I just do not understand your logic.

No, I said not to expect miracles from a 15 dollar an hour guy, whether that guy is new or a old time loser with no ambition. Is that illogical? Maybe I need more practice with the whip, get them to move faster or something.
My logic is the same we imply with our service to our customers which would be" You get what you pay for maam."
I also did imply that there is a very severe shortage of clean white boys who have the desire to work at Joe Schmoes Tree Service, well definately for 15 but maybe even more ain't enough to get them to put down the remote control for something along the lines of what we do. Sometimes I think I am a fool for risking my life for 300 to 400.
I feel that anyone who goes out there should get paid the same cause they all should know and do the same. See if that confuses you, I will understand if it does, it kinda of confuses me. Sure would be nice though.

I am a moron? I didn't let the dingleberry I fired last year bust up my truck today. What is it? sleepy, stoned, stupid or indifferent? Let some chump rack my #### up I would be a moron, moron.
Its a shame my words are wasted. Go hang out with your spooky crew.

The point eludes you dan, its about relinquishing control at some point there buddy, thats how you build a real buisiness there fifty foot rope guy!!!!!!!! AHH, dont touch my,AAHH, rope, lol.

Last edited:
So you are paying an experienced guy around 20-25 dollers an hour on occasion to help you out. I need guys every day not on occasion so its a totally different scenario all together. For 15 an hr I expect a guy to safely drive a truck show up on time and be able to run a rake and feed the chipper. If he does well with those tasks and has the desire to learn more he will make more money. Think about it like this you work two days a week with this guy and he makes 320 dollers and may or may not have work next week if he worked for a full time tree company (40hrs) a week at $15 dollers an hr he would make 600 a week before taxes with no OT. Yes he is putting in more time but at least he has the security of a steady paycheck with plenty of room for advancement if he is willing to work for it.

well that just depends on the entire set up.Are you complaining about your help? What kind of guys work for you? Guys like MDS's guys?
Most of what i am saying is that it might be better to seek alternatives to fill in problem areas cause the smae old with the loser ground guys( and climbers) is getting old. so am I.

No, I said not to expect miracles from a 15 dollar an hour guy, whether that guy is new or a old time loser with no ambition. Is that illogical? Maybe I need more practice with the whip, get them to move faster or something.
My logic is the same we imply with our service to our customers which would be" You get what you pay for maam."
I also did imply that there is a very severe shortage of clean white boys who have the desire to work at Joe Schmoes Tree Service, well definately for 15 but maybe even more ain't enough to get them to put down the remote control for something along the lines of what we do. Sometimes I think I am a fool for risking my life for 300 to 400.
I feel that anyone who goes out there should get paid the same cause they all should know and do the same. See if that confuses you, I will understand if it does, it kinda of confuses me. Sure would be nice though.

Well who's fault is it that these guys have the luxury to sit there with a remote in there hands instead of making a living. People in general have become to lazy because parents let them the goverment lets them they sued some one and now do not have to work, ETC.. ETC.. Every one has to start some where and eventually a good company will weed out the bad ones and end up with some good guys (HOPEFULLY). Every one that goes out there should make the same??? Do the same?? And no the same?? Thats the logic I am talking about, it makes no dam sense!!!

well that just depends on the entire set up.Are you complaining about your help? What kind of guys work for you? Guys like MDS's guys?
Most of what i am saying is that it might be better to seek alternatives to fill in problem areas cause the smae old with the loser ground guys( and climbers) is getting old. so am I.

Yer fading dan, but so am I, LOL.

I have a good group of guys that work with me now. I do not expect them to know as much as I do because they are still learning the trade but in time I hope there knowledge surpasses mine but only time and there dedication will decide that. I would love to have a full time employee with all the experience, degrees, and licenses out there but it just has not happened yet. Untill then I will just keep doing my job and pass on what knowledge I have to employees worth the time to teach. MDS seem like he has a couple bad apples there but sometimes you just have to grin and bear it to keep the ball rolling I am sure it will work out for him I have been there and probably will be there again its just apart of the buisness.

The point eludes you dan, its about relinquishing control at some point there buddy, thats how you build a real buisiness there fifty foot rope guy!!!!!!!! AHH, dont touch my,AAHH, rope, lol.

very true. i don't know how you do it. Especially to those two.
Yeah Yeah enough with the remarks, you want to know? here ya go.

600 feet of that black, red and white climbing line cut up in lengths ranging from about 50 feet to 220
200 foot big ass 20,000 lbs bull rope
300 foot not so big ass bull rope
150 foot 1/2 inch general lower line
200 foot general lower line.
All whipped and dipped, been the same length since I cut it many years ago. I hate have to long a rope. I could climb a 100 foot tree with a 50 foot rope and have, but not now. let me see if I can reliquish my control on my rope, nope, can't do it.

Well who's fault is it that these guys have the luxury to sit there with a remote in there hands instead of making a living. People in general have become to lazy because parents let them the goverment lets them they sued some one and now do not have to work, ETC.. ETC.. Every one has to start some where and eventually a good company will weed out the bad ones and end up with some good guys (HOPEFULLY). Every one that goes out there should make the same??? Do the same?? And no the same?? Thats the logic I am talking about, it makes no dam sense!!!

Well, I did say it confused me to just that it would nice. If everybody isn't going to know the same what is with that ISA test?

treemandan. post a picture of yourself. i want to see what you look like.
i want to see just where all this bunk comes from.

and boys, about my skills...believe them. lol

Latest posts

Back