New here - 346XP with a ground electrode that broke off in the cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so it looks like I have a bunch of things in transit before I work on this saw again.
Sort of fun and sort of frustrating at the same time.

Carb rebuild is on the way.
New oil pickups and cover plate, new worm gear.
New clutch springs

Hopefully in a few days I can try this again and it'll magically all work out.

I owe you a beer.
I think that someone needs new glasses! BTW, pay CLOSE attention to the order of gaskets and diaphragms. Also reuse the old metering lever but be sure to check the height. If you use the new one you'll have to set it.

Attachments

• Zama - AdjMeteringHeight.pdf
    791.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Zama - TechGuide_2007.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
I think that someone needs new glasses! BTW, pay CLOSE attention to the order of gaskets and diaphragms. Also reuse the old metering lever but be sure to check the height. If you use the new one you'll have to set it.
OK I had no idea that needed adjustment. Thanks.

Replaced the gaskets, and some internal parts, keeping the lever.

I had some leftover.

716cc222148c3ae05cc0d058be838c14.jpg
121972a7a5063986e94af2759ac2acf1.jpg
274838a1927c23cd0e509733c764cb7a.jpg

Hope that's not the order you assembled it.
Ugh. Let me go out and check.

I'm assuming gasket against the carb, then the diaphragm, then the plate which secures it?

On the bottom of the carb I put the thin film first, then the gasket, then the plate which secures it.

I need to double check the carb but I believe it's correct.

I went to try and tune it again.
I'm really not good at this.

Got it to idle with the chain stopped, found the midpoint between rich and fuel starved on the L screw. I set the high screw as best I could and ended up around 13600 rpm.

But then the saw would die after a WOT pull so I raised the idle a bit and re-adjusted the L screw.

So I think it's decent now.

Will need to cut some wood and video it.

Strange thing is that YouTube cancelled my account for posting inappropriate videos... And the only videos I posted were of the chainsaw. Very strange.

I didn't use them and didn't remove the ones that were there.

Honesty I didn't know what they were for and didn't seem like a wearable part so I left them in place.
Good move! I try never to remove them because getting the new ones to seal is usually problematic. Even the factory now uses proprietary sealant.

Good move! I try never to remove them because getting the new ones to seal is usually problematic. Even the factory now uses proprietary sealant.
This is new, please explain what they use to seal them and why you have had issues with them? I generally replace them every time I do a carb kit. Cant say I've ever had negative side effects from it. Beside how else are you supposed to make sure you have all the passages cleaned out?

Latest posts

Back