New Husky Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberwolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
here are a couple of videos that show the problem, husky is straiht out of the box.

In 12" Hardwood it is even a more lopsided battle.
359 husky 12.00
260 Stihl 4.57

What ever should I do?

from what i heard about eds work on russes 026 . id say u will keep both. both saws look cut like modified saw now imo.even tho it looked like pine u were cutting,it was still impressive. jmo

It's a good thing you told us it was a 260 or I would have thought you were 9 foot tall. Seems to be standing up for you.

Kudos

Fred

Now put the 260 back on gas and muffler and use the same chain and compare them! Is the 359 muffler stock? Who did you tell your wife the new chainsaw belongs to ?:laugh: When are you going to start the 12 step program for chainsaw addiction. Talk to Rahtreelimbs, he's been there!:laugh:

Show us a picture of your wildthing!

359/Problem

After a long and thought out assessment to your query, I have made the decision that this saw needs to be in the hands of a very capable man that has A very special way with saws. Just send this malfunctioning piece of equipment to the one and only GYPO! He will fix you right. Ken

It was infact birch, though not rock hard.

The difference was even more notable on bigger wood, but that just made the video too long. I cant seem to get the videos compressed down as small as I would like.

Crofter, what are you doing letting project wildthing out of the bag, that was suposed to be Top Secret.

I am not sure if I am ready to send the 359 off to John just yet, he has posted some good photos, but not yet stood the test of time on his work.

TimberWolf I have a couple 359's here that just seem to run alittle better than that one but may not beat your 260 on alcohol, I know a 346 on alcohol and pipe a 359 wouldnot beat it. Unless it was on alcohol and piped.

Keep her going and when Playinwood has his GTG we can play alittle

Any word on a date yet, looking forward to a GTG.

I took the 359 to the bush today, I wanted to put a couple tanks of gas in before the waranty expires. It is tough to go from a modified saw and square chain to a stock saw and round chain.

Nice and smooth to run, but I dont like the on/off switch and choke or pull start, hard to get a hold of with gloves on. Stihl has that worked out better imo.

That 359 is great on gas! cuts a very long time on a tank.

Brian

kenskip1@verizo said:
After a long and thought out assessment to your query, I have made the decision that this saw needs to be in the hands of a very capable man that has A very special way with saws. Just send this malfunctioning piece of equipment to the one and only GYPO! He will fix you right. Ken

:dizzy:

I have noticed that you go thru a tank of fuel a lot quicker with a modified saw, but you probably get the same amount of work done in a shorter time. I was bucking on a pile of logs the other day with people working around so I dropped a strip of metal in front of the screen on the extra exhaust opening. A little easier on the ears. That richened the mixture up a bit but not enough to bother adjusting. I wondered how much of the benefits of the porting I would lose by going back to stock exhaust but am sure it is still well ahead of stock performance. Have to do a better controlled experiment on this. I don't know whether you can keep the same option when you open the muffler on the 359 but it would be nice at times to be able to tone the noise back down.

Jeff and I have been emailing each other , as soon as I know I will let you guys know OK, I think it will be pretty soonon the GTG, Brian make sure you get the limiter shaved down enough on the high speed jet on that 359 and opener it up some , you will find the 359 will have more power cause they are to lean for up here in this area

Think I will get some baseline measurments on the saw before anything happens to it, it would be interesting to see fuel consumption vs run time and fuel consumption vs work done for a stock saw, modded muffler and porting. Not so much that I care about fuel costs (that went out the window the moment I tried nitro), but rather it sheds light on engine efficiency.

Should go out and make some cuts, but have a bit of the flu and not moving very fast.

Back