New Husqvarna 570 and Husqvarna 353's fer sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No rush, my day was hectic too...kinda funny day though...lol...I took down an 70 foot tall spruce Christmas lights in all...hahaha...even better our chipper knives need to be changed so we chipped all the brush lights in all...lol...I don't recommend doing that but it would have taken 12 hours to get all those lights off...and best of all it was the bosses go ahead!!! I felt bad because it was a town tree that was always lit every Christmas.....but got hit by lightning..

He thinks we're out to make money on this claim, committing insurance fraud and fattening our wallets. He damaged 2 push mowers and the hood of a tractor. All parts plus labor came to $600 and change to make the proper repairs, one of the mowers was "totalled" as the rear tire of the truck came up onto the front of the push mowers deck. And on top of that, I've had to spend almost a couple hours on the phone dealing with his insurance company and claims adjusters (which they have been nice and easy to work with), and I still have to take the time to go get the stinkin truck repaired.

Yup, I'm a lying, cheating bastard out to screw everyone every chance I get.

Thats the menality of some people nowaday. You're a good man Tom don't let this idiot take advantage of that.

Last edited:
None of the above unfortunately. Last thursday a guy popped his truck in reverse, remembered something else he needed at the store, forgot to put his truck in park, jumped out and his truck drove into the front of mine and hit a couple of mowers (my shop is across the parking lot from a hardware store). He's flipping out crazy after hearing from the insurance company the $$ in damage it caused. And he decided to pay us a visit to speak what was on his mind. Crazy day!

Damn, sorry to hear 'bout that.

So, in other words, it was SS and his billionth B-Day!:msp_biggrin:

He thinks we're out to make money on this claim, committing insurance fraud and fattening our wallets. He damaged 2 push mowers and the hood of a tractor. All parts plus labor came to $600 and change to make the proper repairs, one of the mowers was "totalled" as the rear tire of the truck came up onto the front of the push mowers deck. And on top of that, I've had to spend almost a couple hours on the phone dealing with his insurance company and claims adjusters (which they have been nice and easy to work with), and I still have to take the time to go get the stinkin truck repaired.

And that should also come into your quote - time spent on the the phone X hr. rate on repairs. (unless you work for free [if so, I have an immediate opening!])

Most of the time if you keep a simple log of the time you spend on the phone and travel time to the body shop and all.. you can get compensated for that. We almost always get taken care of not only repairs, but also loss of use for our equipment or trucks when they get torn up by others. Hope you get it all work out Tom!

It just bugs me to be called a crook for no reason. I was very nice to the guy when I found out about everything. He came over and admitted to what happened, told me how it happened, gave me his insurance information. I didn't act out or give him attitude after finding out what had happened, just said thank you for telling me, we'll get it taken care of. That's what insurance is for. There are people out there leeching off the system or price gouging, true crooks. I'm not one of them.

It just bugs me to be called a crook for no reason. I was very nice to the guy when I found out about everything. He came over and admitted to what happened, told me how it happened, gave me his insurance information. I didn't act out or give him attitude after finding out what had happened, just said thank you for telling me, we'll get it taken care of. That's what insurance is for. There are people out there leeching off the system or price gouging, true crooks. I'm not one of them.

I'd say you are being more than reasonable. Truth be known, he's just upset with himself... the fact that he fessed up immediately says something for his character. It'll all work out.

There's a lot about this guy that tells me he's not just upset with himself :msp_sneaky: Long story I don't want to get into, but I've found out a bit about the guy.

Who cares what he is and what he's going through. He caused an accident. You should be paid for all the damages, stress and hassle with dealing with all of this and you should get 1 minute with him with his hands tied in the back room. This is ridiculous!

Its what being a dealer is all about.....isn't it?

Ass clowns ( oh guess I cant say that either, infract me, ban me for a bit) are everywhere, some pull there head out and turn out ok, others should have been hit in the head with a hammer , and the parents should have raised rocks instead.

Everyboday has bad days, yet when we take the time to walk in there shoes for second, things can change.....or ya gotta get out of there shoes before they jump!

So did you sell him a 570 or a 353?

I'd rather have sold him a knuckle sammich.

None of the above unfortunately. Last thursday a guy popped his truck in reverse, remembered something else he needed at the store, forgot to put his truck in park, jumped out and his truck drove into the front of mine and hit a couple of mowers (my shop is across the parking lot from a hardware store). He's flipping out crazy after hearing from the insurance company the $$ in damage it caused. And he decided to pay us a visit to speak what was on his mind. Crazy day!

I guess what he heard from the insurance was HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Or INSURANCE WHAT INSURANCE???? DID YOU HAVE INSURANCE??? NOT HERE YOU DIDN'T. Thats what happened the last time somebody hit me. I now just call the cops and report an uninsured driver if there is any question about coverage.

His insurance shouldn't even question anything. The only thing that guy should be paying is the deductable. I guess he had insurance or the claims guy wouldn't have bothered talking to you. My guess is this DOUGH DOUGH probably is on his last leg with the insurance companies. Cancellation is his next option. It allways amazes me when you see some idiot who prolly has caused more damage through the years who finds some company to insure them. Then when they kill someone, it becomes a sad tragety, and headlines on the 6 O'clock news.

Last edited:
Got a check in the mail today. We'll see how far that gets me in repairs.

Sorry to hear about the mess TK, usually the guy accusing you of wanting to do that would be the first one to do it. So he should be pissed at himself both for being a jerk and because his head was in his rear end. CJ

Back