New Husqvarna T540XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artemis

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my new baby with you guys. I definitely have to get used to the top handle format since it is a little awkward to use at first, but I'm getting the hang of it. I love how light it is even with a 16" bar!

There are a few things I love about this saw right off the start. It loves to start within a couple pulls, which is always nice. Also it lasts forever on a tank of fuel, and I suspect it will get even better as the saw breaks in. There's no lag or boggy-ness from having the 16" bar, however I think I will switch to a 12" or 14" to make it lighter, a little more nimble, and slightly faster. I am impressed with the low end torque coming from a 38cc, and I am excited to see how it reacts to a muffler mod.

The list of negatives is not very long and nothing is that bad really, but I did notice some stuff I didn't like. Most of them aren't with the performance of the saw. First off I hate the crappy tip greaser they give you. It literally doesn't grease. I noticed the clutch cover is made of a composite of some sort, which seams like it will break easy...? Im not partial to the nylon air filters as well. They seem to let in the really fine stuff, whereas the paper filters definitely do not. Thats it really, not a lot to complain about.

Its only on the 4th tank right now and I hope to get in many more before this week is over. Cheers

Attachments

• 20160704_160319.jpg
    20160704_160319.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 57
  • 20160704_160300.jpg
    20160704_160300.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20160704_160341.jpg
    20160704_160341.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 48
Mines is sporting a 12" now and it absolutely rips like a little monster and I have used my for a few years or so and its still as strong and it never lets me down. I have done a few repairs from time to time minor stuff since I do my own repairs but the cylinder is like new once I looked at it and you can see it in this video. Most guys are pro Stihl and I was too until this saw came along as far as climbing saws go.

Mines is sporting a 12" now and it absolutely rips like a little monster and I have used my for a few years or so and its still as strong and it never lets me down. I have done a few repairs from time to time minor stuff since I do my own repairs but the cylinder is like new once I looked at it and you can see it in this video. Most guys are pro Stihl and I was too until this saw came along as far as climbing saws go.

great vid, thanks, i tried to buy that saw. my husky dealer insisted that i pay in full before he ordered it and a month later i demanded my money back because he couldn't deliver it. things got ugly. i think that saw was originally a redmax. your pictures of the intake are really informative. also the fact that you've used it for five years. believe me, stihl 200t's don't last that long. i'm using echo 330/360's. they cut faster than my stihl and they last until you run the chipper over them.

great vid, thanks, i tried to buy that saw. my husky dealer insisted that i pay in full before he ordered it and a month later i demanded my money back because he couldn't deliver it. things got ugly. i think that saw was originally a redmax. your pictures of the intake are really informative. also the fact that you've used it for five years. believe me, stihl 200t's don't last that long. i'm using echo 330/360's. they cut faster than my stihl and they last until you run the chipper over them.
Thanks and yeah thats a shame the dealer was playing games and I have found that eBay has the best deals new and used because otherwise your stuck dealing with the high priced dealers and even Stihls are too expensive for at times the lackluster performance. And Husqvarna has indeed been using Redmax technologies for years after the take over.

Thanks and yeah thats a shame the dealer was playing games and I have found that eBay has the best deals new and used because otherwise your stuck dealing with the high priced dealers and even Stihls are too expensive for at times the lackluster performance. And Husqvarna has indeed been using Redmax technologies for years after the take over.

right, i did check the internet. baileys had the saw which had just changed from redmax to husky. you could find it advertised in both flavors. i wanted to patronize my local dealer, mistake. the dealer wanted to sell me a 338t he had in stock and i wasn't interested. i think that's one reason he demanded money up front. he told me he could get the 540t in 4 days. a month later he still didn't know when it would be in. i asked for a refund and he started making excuses. i live 30mi. away and driving an f250 there was getting expensive. got my money back but i don't do business there any more. i ended up buying a couple of echo 360t's and i've never regretted it.

stihl is no better. most of the dealers here are just as reliable as a politician and i have seen them cheat guys on repairs and estimates. their retail prices are high and they stock minimal spare parts, which means for repairs i often have to resort to gray market on the internet.

Back