New jonsered pics new jonsered pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I just picked up the new-to-me Jonsered 2095 I posted about yesterday! It fills out the big end of my 3 saw line up. Stats are 94cc, 7.1 hp and 17.6lbs. It is a 1999 model. I am about to get into milling some bigger hardwoods and didn't want to put undue wear and tear on the 441 as I still have a lot of pine and hem to mill with it and it does such a sweet job on that stuff. As it turns out the 2095 was built specifically for chainsaw milling! It was the milling version of the 2094 and was originally only available on the Jonsered mill. It is also the last Jonsered that did not share a platform with a Husqvarna model.

I spent $575 on it. It is in great shape, everything works as it should and it has about 150psi of compression.

I can't wait to mill with it!

IMG_7490.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7482.jpg

Looks like a beast. :clap:

I like that tsumura bar..haven't seen one like that before

As it turns out the 2095 was built specifically for chainsaw milling! It was the milling version of the 2094 and was originally only available on the Jonsered mill. It is also the last Jonsered that did not share a platform with a Husqvarna model.

That is true, as far as I know! :cheers:

Looks like a beast. :clap:

I like that tsumura bar..haven't seen one like that before

Yeah the brand new 30" Tsumura bar was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I couldn't walk out of the place without buying the saw! I had been saving up for a 660, 390XP or 395XP for milling the bigger stuff. Then this thing popped up. Seems it may fit my needs even better

Really nice score. I like the looks of it a lot. Those Tsumura bars seem to go hand in hand with the Jreds.

Did anyone give you weird looks for taking pictures of your saw at work? Even better did anyone give you weird looks for carrying that saw across campus?

Did anyone give you weird looks for taking pictures of your saw at work? Even better did anyone give you weird looks for carrying that saw across campus?

People ALWAYS give me weird looks walking across campus. Especially at faculty meetings. Everyone else is wearing kakis, button up shirts and dress shoes. I am wearing dirty carharts, work boots, and beat-up work hoodie. But, I am the only sculpture prof. on campus.

It's nice but no full wrap. I hate a saw with a half wrap anyone, it's a weird feeling to me knowing I can't flip the saw either way. Besides full wraps make it easier to run it lefty, when you need to.

I don't have a full wrap on any of my saws. I have thought about it, but never thought it was that important. This one is for milling so a wrap handle would just be more to get in the way.

That's a nice setup right there. The bar would have been my breaking point, too. I mean, seriously, my arm can only take so much twisting.

That's what I'm talk'n about! If it would have been wearing the beat up 24" Sandvik bar, that also came with it, when I walked in the door I might not have taken a second look. I can't wait to get it in some big hardwood and see what it's got.

Back